the RULES!
Graphics
so IGNORE me!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got a really weird bug with my sound.
If i start my hack and boot directly into Yosemite my sound works perfect,but if i'm restarting from windows and then booting into osx, i lose sound but only from the rear green jack.If i shut it down and boot in osx again problem disappears.
So it only happens when im restarting from windows into osx.
I have tried to use different versions of the windows driver but it didn't solve anything.

Clover + Alc1150 patches from toleda repo + Yosemite + Win7.

any ideas?

Suggest a shutdown when exiting Windows.

yeah atm this is what im doing.Im shutting down before booting into osx,but it pisses me off .

Anyone with a z97 and ALC1150 who can confirm or deny this?

Having the same issue on a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with Windows 8.1. Green port only outputs faint static bursts (have to turn volume up fully to hear it at all) if Windows has been booted since machine has had power. Orange/Black ports function normally. Using MultiBeast 7.0.1 AppleHDA for ALC1150 and Clover layout ID injection to enable sound.

Having the same issue on a Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H with Windows 8.1. Green port only outputs faint static bursts (have to turn volume up fully to hear it at all) if Windows has been booted since machine has had power. Orange/Black ports function normally. Using MultiBeast 7.0.1 AppleHDA for ALC1150 and Clover layout ID injection to enable sound.

Good to know

Anyone with a z97 and ALC1150 who can confirm or deny this?

Well it looks as if it's a Yosemite/Z97 problem at least. I have an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 that exhibits similar behavior. When booting clean into Yosemite the sound is fine. If I reboot from Win7 the sound is very faint. I was playing around with an Asus Z97-AR for a few days (ALC892) and I don't remember having this issue so perhaps it's specific to the 1150.

Well it looks as if it's a Yosemite/Z97 problem at least. I have an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 that exhibits similar behavior. When booting clean into Yosemite the sound is fine. If I reboot from Win7 the sound is very faint. I was playing around with an Asus Z97-AR for a few days (ALC892) and I don't remember having this issue so perhaps it's specific to the 1150.

I suspect it's related to the external amplifier that the 1150 has on the green port -- Windows may be forcing it into a powered-down state that the AppleHDA driver isn't properly waking it from. Cold boot allows it to start off in the proper state so no issue. No assertions get thrown in the logs or anything though, and CodecCommander (designed, in part, to activate that amplifier after waking from sleep) doesn't seem to help the issue although I may be building or configuring it wrong.

Just a little update on that matter..
If i run windows 7 without installing any sound driver the problem disappears in osx

Just a little update on that matter..
If i run windows 7 without installing any sound driver the problem disappears in osx

Hmm, can confirm -- looks like it's not actually Windows, but the Realtek driver/software package under Windows. Good to know, I didn't actually use that software for anything, Windows handles the sound just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back