Contribute
Register

ALC1150 not working, how to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any trouble with recognizing an internal mic on a pair of headphones connected to the headphone port?
I cannot seem to get the microphone to work, regardless of the port I use.

I have a GA-Z97X-UD3H TH and am running Sierra 10.12.4 and have tried everything to get the ACL1150 audio to work and nothing in any thread has worked.. I am open to doing a remote Team Viewer session with someone to get it working for me. I built this for a client and want to get it back to them, but can't until I get the audio working as he uses it for video editing - Any help would be great! Thanks in Advance!

I have a GA-Z97X-UD3H TH and am running Sierra 10.12.4 and have tried everything to get the ACL1150 audio to work and nothing in any thread has worked.. I am open to doing a remote Team Viewer session with someone to get it working for me. I built this for a client and want to get it back to them, but can't until I get the audio working as he uses it for video editing - Any help would be great! Thanks in Advance!

Save an unmodified original file from the same version of Mac OS from a real Mac computer

Then apply the audio patch

Save an unmodified original file from the same version of Mac OS from a real Mac computer

Which original file am I looking for on my real mac laptop? I used EFI mounter v3 to mount the EFI partition on my laptop. I don't see any files. Could you be more specific as to which files I am looking for? Am I looking for Files in the Libraries Audio folder? I appreciate your help, I just need a little bit more specific information.

Which original file am I looking for on my real mac laptop?
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA installed must be clean and unmodified
terminal command to check AppleHDA integrity. The command should print nothing.
Code:
codesign --verify /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

AppleHDA installed must be clean and unmodified
terminal command to check AppleHDA integrity. The command should print nothing.
Code:
codesign --verify /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

I ran the following command and it did indeed print nothing... however; When I open the Extension folder there is no ApplHDA.kext on my mac laptop. How can I copy this file if I don't have it?

I ran the following command and it did indeed print nothing... however; When I open the Extension folder there is no ApplHDA.kext on my mac laptop. How can I copy this file if I don't have it?
Are you looking in the correct folder?
It's /System/Library/Extensions NOT /Library/Extensions

Are you looking in the correct folder?
It's /System/Library/Extensions NOT /Library/Extensions

Ah! Yes, now I have found it.. I will copy it to the same place on the sierra desktop I built and then re-run the HDA fix script and hope for the best. I found the right file, copied it over, re-ran the script and rebooted... Moment of truth.... sound is now working!!!! Thank you all very much!

Last edited:

I found the right file, copied it over, re-ran the script and rebooted... Moment of truth.... sound is now working!!!! Thank you all very much!

Which original file am I looking for on my real mac laptop? I used EFI mounter v3 to mount the EFI partition on my laptop. I don't see any files. Could you be more specific as to which files I am looking for? Am I looking for Files in the Libraries Audio folder? I appreciate your help, I just need a little bit more specific information.

The file is

Then download audio_CloverALC (git, so you always have the updated version)

Then you want to run the audio_cloverALC-120.sh file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back