Contribute
Register

ALC 892 (2out, 1 in) for 10.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
Ah- you're using an asus board- there is no HDEF section in your DSDT. Try grabbing one from the DSDT Database, and searching for HDEF. ;)

Thank you for help, Tony! So, you mean: I should find some custom dsdt.aml on this site, edit it according to my hardware and add this section into it. Am I right? And will my system work properly after it, cause as you said before - my motherboard didn't have HDEF section inside. Thank you!

elvispreasley2010 said:
tonymacx86 said:
Ah- you're using an asus board- there is no HDEF section in your DSDT. Try grabbing one from the DSDT Database, and searching for HDEF. ;)

Thank you for help, Tony! So, you mean: I should find some custom dsdt.aml on this site, edit it according to my hardware and add this section into it. Am I right? And will my system work properly after it, cause as you said before - my motherboard didn't have HDEF section inside. Thank you!

add Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02), in to the Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)

add device HDEF section

add Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)

Thank you everybody for help, but unfortunately my OS crushed after I used this solution. Now I use (same as before) modified VoodooHDA.kext, but with this method my microphone out - not work. If you have some advice, how to fix my microphone problem - feel free to help) Thank you guys anyway!

elvispreasley2010 said:
Thank you everybody for help, but unfortunately my OS crushed after I used this solution. Now I use (same as before) modified VoodooHDA.kext, but with this method my microphone out - not work. If you have some advice, how to fix my microphone problem - feel free to help) Thank you guys anyway!

Check my solution : viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8176&start=0
Hope it will help

Whew.

I've been fighting my new P55-USB3 to get sound working for 3 freaking hours (well, OK, I've been dealing with other issues too, but the audio was the only thing still holding out on me). This kext and the 10.6.2 rollback nailed it. Thank you so much!

I have tried this kext, with the roll back 10.6.2 with Multibeast.

Whenever this kext is in my Extras/Extensions. My machine will not boot. Not even in Safe Mode.

If I boot with iboot and remove the kext everything is fine, and I don't need iboot to boot after that.

So far the only success I have had with sound is with the Voodoo 0.2.72. But with that the sound was so low its hardly useable. ( I did remove voodoo kext before trying this legacy kext.

All in all though I am pretty impressed with this. I am shocked I got Snow leopard working this well, after one day.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 97
Hi
1. Sorry for my bad english
2. I have GA P55A UD3 REV 2 with ALC892, i have 10.6.5 retail with dsdt from database(F11), I tried VoodooHDA 0.2.52 with vendor et device id edit in kext, i tried lot of voodooHDA and appleazalia modified for alc892, nothing, no sound, i tried this method, and alternative with different DSM section, and always nothing... :banghead:

Somebody have a any idea ?
Thanks

PS: always i delete the other HDA kext before new kext installation

I just did this on a GA-X58-USB3 board and it works perfectly, so if you just need stereo for now, this works.

testing now.. hope it's work like a charm !

UPDATE: it's working like charm ! u save my day dude :headbang: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back