I5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there. I have a hackintosh that seems to be up and running, except for audio.

I troubleshooted my way through to get Sierra installed over the last couple days, and have got just about everything running. Audio does not work, and specifically, my machine is not recognizing any devices. I have located the threads and I have read everything, including this page: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-realtek-applehda-guide.219810/#post-1492288 thread, and because I've seen a few of these threads where all people do is link to them, please don't do that to me. I don't understand the first step, how to 'remove previous installed methods,' let alone the

I installed using Multibeast, and chose the ALC887/888b, as well as the optional HD and 100/200 series boxes. I have a feeling that this isn't enough, and that I have to make some adjustments. At this point I feel I'm out of my depth, so if someone is willing to give me some help, I would appreciate the chance to learn and work this out.

Jacob

Lol. It's funny you posted that. I linked it myself. I actually predicted that.

Could you actually read my post and help me, or do you expect everyone to just automatically understand?

What I'm saying is that I don't understand the post you link to. I've read it a dozen times. Google searched. All that stuff. I don't know how to do step one.

Jacob

2nd request: see Post #4, "Problem Reporting"

I don't understand? What am I missing? Please, you're talking to someone who is very confused, you're using truncated commands, not explaining anything, and I'm trying my best but not getting it.

Jacob

I think this is probably what you want me to find. I don't really understand most of it, but I'm trying my best to give you what you need. Please be patient with me.

II. Problem Reporting (post to this thread with files)
  1. Description of audio problem: No Devices Found
  2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: Sierra 10.12.4, GA-H110N, Unsure of Bios Version, i5 6600K, onboard Graphics (Intel 530?)
  3. Procedure/Guide Used (Realtek ALC AppleHDA, Post #1)
    1. MultiBeast/Audio Selections: ACL887/888b, optional HDMI, optional 5.1, Intel 100/200 series checked
    2. Terminal/Shell/File/Export Text As. . . (if Terminal script run) This is where I don't understand - I'm new to using the terminal at all.
      1. realtekALC
      2. AppleHDA8Series
      3. cloverALC
      4. pikeralphaALC
  4. Audio/ALC Injection (Tools 3.) Don't understand this
    1. Double click/Downloads/audio_codecdetect.command
    2. Terminal/Shell/File/Export Text As. . .
  5. Copy of IOReg (Tools 2./1.) or IOJones (Tools 2./2.), Couldn't find it
    1. IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt)
    2. IOJones/File/Save..
  6. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext (10.11, search: show hidden files) Couldn't find it
  7. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDAxxx.kext (if installed) Couldn't find it (perhaps not there?)
  8. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions - select/Save Selection As: Don't know how to use Console, but I found it in Utilities. Using the Search bar for Kernel produced 0 results.
  9. Screen shots:
    1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 1.) Don't know what this is
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) Did this one! Attached
  10. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used) Don't know how to do this, but I think I could learn this one if pointed the right way.
    1. audio_cloverALC-110...command
    2. audio_realtekALC-110...command
    3. AppleHDA8Series.sh
    4. audio_pikeralphaALC-110...command
  11. Chameleon (if installed) I didn't install Chameleon
    1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 1.)
    3. Extra/dsdt.aml (if installed)
    4. Extra/ssdt.aml (if installed)
  12. Clover (if installed) I used Multibeast, so did I also use Clover?
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 1.)
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml (if installed)
My comments are in bold. I realize I'm leaving out important info. I would like to know how to undo what I installed via Multibeast. I am willing to do a fresh install of Sierra if you have a suggestion on what I should have done when installing, rather than trying to fix it now.

Jacob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 4.44.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 4.44.33 PM.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back