Contribute
Register

ALC 256 + 4 Speakers Laptop (2 Integrated Stereo Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Huawei Matebook D 14
CPU
i5 8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hello everyone.. so I have an almost fully working machine (Huawei Matebook D 14 / Honor Magicbook 14) runing Mojave 10.14.6, audio is also working but I was wondering if there's a chance to get all 4 speakers to work. Yes... not a 2.1 combo but a 2x2.0 combo speakers...

Right now I can see 2 integrated stereo devices available in Audio Preferences Panel.. but I have to choose between them.
One of the devices is on top of the machine (if selected they sound...but really really low...like if they were tiny), while the other one is at the bottom (this one sounds ok, but nothing compared to the sound I get in Windows...but loud enough I guess).

Is it possible to rise the volume of the weaker ones and combine them with the bottom ones so I can have louder sound?

Thanks in advance! ❤

How so? I have a similar problem i would like to solve. If you posted your solution, it would help the community.
By using last version of AppleALC kext (you can find it in acidanthera github user) you can first look for your exact laptop/codec model (mine is included as Honor Magic Book 14) and then try the proper audio layout id inside Clover's config.plist :D. I'd try to make a guide for this model (Huawei Matebook D 14) but I think there aren't too many users...

I hope I helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back