Graphics
5700xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone!!

I have ALC 1150 installed for my mobo z97x-ud5h (tried Toleda script and latest multibeast) and it was working perfectly in every port, including the green back port. But, after installing Windows 10 in a different disk, after rebooting, the green port audio in mac crashed. Now on mac only works the black rear port with front speakers. When I try the green port, just "pop,pop,pop".

I have read lot of posts about audio problems when dual booting and so, things like this:

"If you want Green rear port in osx and windows you need to do this . Turn off computer and unplug power cord from PSU. Put it back after 60s. Start computer and first log into the osx. Problem fixed. If you log into windows first, you will have a problem with green rear after switch to osx. If you are on win 7 or win 8, uninstall Realtek drivers and use only default one from windows. That can fix any switching combination from win to osx and opposite. Uninstalling drivers not working on win 10.
Why this happen is a good question, but seams that windows impair audio, or has a different approach to starting it. "

I have tried too this:

"Symptom/Solution:
See No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Post #1
"Note: Dual booting OS X/Windows.."

I tried too to uninstall Realtek HD drivers in windows, but not success. How can I fix that in dual booting with windows 10?

Thank you :)

Thank you! I just set up a Yosemite Hackintosh with Windows 10 on a separate drive for dual boot. I thought I was going crazy. Started going down the path of trying to re-install drivers and searching and come to find out I just needed to power down and reboot to get audio working again on my GA-Z97X-UD5H with ALC 1150.

I wonder what windows could be doing that prevents MacOS from using the sound hardware?

Uninstall the RealTek drivers in Windows and use the stock Windows drivers. You might have to disable Windows 10 auto driver update.

For me, when I had the RealTek drivers installed in Windows 8.1 & 10, if I rebooted to OS X without fully shutting down, the audio in OS X would be at a VERY low volume. Shutting completely down and then booting to OS X worked but it was annoying. Uninstalling the RealTek drivers in Windows fixed it. I think it was Toleda who suggested it.

I've tried too to uninstall Realtek drivers and not success.

No success uninstalling them or no success with the audio issues in OS X?

Thank you, mate.

I had the same issue. After installing Win10 (Dualboot with 10.10.4) my Sound in Yosemite was gone.
Reinstalling the AppleHDA does not work.
Moving from green to black Jack gives me Sound, but it gave me a very bad crackeling Noise. So i'm searching around and found this Post :)

I removed the Realtek drivers in Win10,disable auto install drivers, reboot and voilá ..

Thank you for this hint :)

*Sorry for my englisch*

Uninstall the RealTek drivers in Windows and use the stock Windows drivers. You might have to disable Windows 10 auto driver update.

For me, when I had the RealTek drivers installed in Windows 8.1 & 10, if I rebooted to OS X without fully shutting down, the audio in OS X would be at a VERY low volume. Shutting completely down and then booting to OS X worked but it was annoying. Uninstalling the RealTek drivers in Windows fixed it. I think it was Toleda who suggested it.

Ive had the same in the past week with he alc1150, and that was with voodooHDA.

i gave up and and went back to running windows 10 in Parallels Desktop, but would rather run in via dual boot.

Matt

Ive had the same in the past week with he alc1150, and that was with voodooHDA.

i gave up and and went back to running windows 10 in Parallels Desktop, but would rather run in via dual boot.

Matt

VooDooHDA is known to have issues with "popping" audio at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back