1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a 17,1 Skylake build with the following components:

MOBO: GA-Z170M-D3H
Graphics: GTX 970
CPU: i7 6700K, Skylake 4GHz

I'm using Sierra (10.12.1)

It's actually pretty solid. But every time I install something or make the simplest of changes

The only way I can get 2 monitors to work is by using Shilohh's ADGP fix. And I never know what I'm going to boot sometimes it's a black screen that requires getting out the boot USB and making the fix... sometimes not. I can always wipe it with multibeast, but any app installation or even adding Hard drives to the computer sometimes causes it. I'm not sure where to be hunting or to know if there is a clover option that people are using. I haven't found it if they are. This machine is super good from what I can tell in stability and every other measure. I'm just hoping to get this problem fixed. There are a couple other little annoyances (like when I shutdown it reboots or I'm not seeing turbo speeds in the Intel Power Gadget), but I'll deal with them later.

I tried making an SSDT using Pike & Toleda's Beta ssdtPRGen.sh but it really doesn't generate anything in the SSDT related to Nvidia and doesn't help with turbo for that matter.

Here's a video illustrating if it helps:

Add the patch to your config.plist file too. As the GFX thread, patch is not valid for 10.12. But i got succeeded with below patch + Shilohh's ADGP fix.

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
Ym9hcmQtaXg=
</data>
</dict>

Please post your config.plist file for checking.

Oh interesting! I found a totally different patch that I am using from this thread. See screenshot. I'm including both so you think the find should be "Ym9hcmQtaWQ=" and the replace should be "Ym9hcmQtaXg="?

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 7.18.16 AM.png

I am also including my config.plist I don't make the change yet because I wanted you to see what I have now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back