Graphics
GeForce 460GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got a new build using a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, a Intel 2600K, and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance memory. I'm interested in upgrading from the stock CPU cooler, to either a water cooled system, or a bad-ass air cooled unit, just so I can overclock the hell out of it! I know there is an issue with the Corsiar RAM and aftermarket coolers clearing the RAM. I want to keep all 16GB RAM installed, so removing the last memory stick is not an option.

I'm interested in what other users have installed and knowing what aftermarket coolers will work well with the Corsair RAM and having all memory slots filled. I don't want to buy something and find out the hard way it's not gonna work. I've search Google, and am getting mixed results. I figured why not go to the source and just post here. I'm sure other will find this post helpful as well.

I just picked up a XIGMATEK Dark Knight for the same Mobo, I have plenty of room but am only using DIMMs 1 & 2. I'll double check tonight but I think the edge of the fan lines up just past DIMM 4.

I am currently running the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ in a Push/Pull fan configuration. My setup is in a Mac Pro case. The cooling is great and costs around $20. 29C at idle and 52C full load @ 4.2 GHz.

+1 for the CM hyper 212+
I have it on this board with my 2500k and the same ram as the OP.
The heatsinks do interfere in the first slot with the fan in the original push setup so I simply placed the fan on the pull side instead.
In my Antec 300 case (decent airflow) I get under 30 degrees idle and just under 50 at load
(running at 3.7ghz)
I am planning on getting a slim scythe fan (12mm) to complete the Push/pull setup and take my OC a little higher.

Hope this helps.
;)

if you're worried about RAM clearance, look at the new Corsair Vengeance Low Profile memory.

+2 For the Hyper 212 plus, it's amazing for the price/performance. My 2500K is running at 25c all the cores are around 30c OC'd to 4.4Ghz prime95 it hovers around 30-35 im using thermalright chill factor 3 paste and that alone has knocked 14c off my 5770 amazing stuff!

+3 for the Hyper 212+
My 2600k stays around 28 at idle and gets up to 53 under full load at stock frequencies. I'm using Arctic cooling MX4 thermal paste. It all cost about $35 bucks too, much cheaper than water cooling systems. I haven't really overclocked yet, sorry to say. It fits in my Antec Three Hundred case but check if it'll fit in yours before you get it, it's pretty big. The fan will get in the way of your ram, but you can just put it on the other side of the heatsink.

I am using the Cooler Master V8. No clearance issues at all.

Gigabyte Motherboard #GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Version 1.3 Bios F9
Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz 8MB Cache LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 1600
(2) Crucial 128GB Solid State Drive Sata 6GB/s Boot Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB Sata III 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Sony 24X Sata DVD+/- RW #AD-7260S-0B
Thermaltake V9 Dual Bay HHD Docking Mid ATX Case #VM400M1W2Z
Cooler Master GX 650W Power Supply #RS-650-ACAA
Cooler Master V8 180W CPU Cooling #RR-UV8-XBU1-GP
Sony 17 in 1 Multi-Card Reader/Writer #MRW620-U1

Status
Not open for further replies.