Contribute
Register

After you finish your iBoot + Multibeast install…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
i5MiniPro (Asus Maximus V Gene)
CPU
i5-3570K 3.4 GHz
Graphics
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is the next thing you do? To check your system.

After a clean installation, update using "software update", what advice can you give to (test to run etc., if any) to check my new Snow Leopard Core i5 is working, stable, and ready to get my applications installed, and enjoy?

I have gone though the NEW setup process at least a dozen times yesterday. I can be anal :crazy: when it comes to a “clean†install. I did this to find the perfect install steps and config for my setup. Turns out I’m going to go the DSDT.aml route this evening. I tried it and think it’s the best option.

citomacx86 said:
What is the next thing you do? To check your system.

I have gone though the NEW setup process at least a dozen times yesterday. I can be anal :crazy: when it comes to a “clean†install.
Welcome to the club ;)

I did this to find the perfect install steps and config for my setup. Turns out I’m going to go the DSDT.aml route this evening. I tried it and think it’s the best option.
Indeed !

So after I finish this clean installation, update using software update, what advice can you give to make sure my Snow Leopard Core i5 working, stable, and ready to get my applications installed, and enjoy?
I run memtest & prime95 for several hours...
Then test sleep/resume...
And geekbench, cinebench...
When all is good, I image the drive to a "rescue IDE", test it and unplug it (I keep it as a "Cold spare" in my box)...

You might want to take a look at my blog if you prefer to have a separate partition for /Users...

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Welcome to the club
:lol: I see I'm not alone. My Dr. says I'm getting better. :shh:
I run memtest & prime95 for several hours...
Ok I forgot about these since I was building an OSX box. I used this in the past I'll have to do a search. I have the "ultimate boot CD" with some of these utils on it too.
Then test sleep/resume...
And geekbench, cinebench...
When all is good, I image the drive to a "rescue IDE", test it and unplug it (I keep it as a "Cold spare" in my box)...
I like this idea very much. Will do. If I may. Do you use a specific imaging app? I have CCC but not sure if that wil do. hmm need to get small cheap HD for this... Still debating how to use the second 500 GB HD I have installed. :think:

Blog Already bookmarked.

Lnx2Mac thank you.

citomacx86 said:
Welcome to the club
:lol: I see I'm not alone. My Dr. says I'm getting better. :shh:
Our Dr. doesn't speak to us anymore... Says we are obsessive... :p

[quote:3pitrxnx]When all is good, I image the drive to a "rescue IDE", test it and unplug it (I keep it as a "Cold spare" in my box)...
I like this idea very much. Will do. If I may. Do you use a specific imaging app?[/quote:3pitrxnx]
I used Disk Utility, and reinstalled Chameleon with MultiBeast...

Blog Already bookmarked.
Hehe... Thx ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back