Contribute
Register

After updating to Sonoma the progress bar gets stuck on reboot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I have tried updating to Sonoma from Ventura using the system preferences updater. When restarting, the progress bar with the apple logo stops at approx. 55%.

I have a Ventura USB installer. I could reinstall Ventura and restore the Time machine backup, but this would prevent me from having the OS updated to Sonoma. I would like to ask if there is any other approach I can try to resolve the issue and install Sonoma. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 16
Your EFI folder "BOOT" and "OC" folders show an OpenCore date of April 14, 2023. That corresponds to an OpenCore version of 0.9.1, I think (it was released on April 6, 2023 according to its website). I don't know whether that version supports booting Sonoma. (I use version 0.9.6.) You should check to see whether you need to update OpenCore.

[Edit: From one website:

OpenCore and EFI folder​

Update OpenCore and kexts to Sonoma compatible versions. OpenCore, at least version 0.9.4. Settings used with macOS Ventura may work with macOS Sonoma. Updating OpenCore and kexts, there are no significant changes to the config.plist file, which may be the same for both systems.]

Last edited:
Your EFI folder "BOOT" and "OC" folders show an OpenCore date of April 14, 2023. That corresponds to an OpenCore version of 0.9.1, I think (it was released on April 6, 2023 according to its website). I don't know whether that version supports booting Sonoma. (I use version 0.9.6.) You should check to see whether you need to update OpenCore.

All right. Thank you for the info. :thumbup:

Back