Motherboard
Dell XPS 8900
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1050
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Currently, I'm using a prebuilt Dell XPS 8500 for my hackintosh build, but after upgrading to Sierra, I ran into the problem of my hackintosh not detecting my GT 620. I've already set NvidiaWeb to true and don't know how to get any further. Below are the specs of this hackintosh:

Dell XPS 8500
Bootloader: Clover 4047
CPU: i7-3770 3.90 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB DDR3
Ram: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
NVIDIA Driver Manager.png

Currently, I'm using a prebuilt Dell XPS 8500 for my hackintosh build, but after upgrading to Sierra, I ran into the problem of my hackintosh not detecting my GT 620. I've already set NvidiaWeb to true and don't know how to get any further. Below are the specs of this hackintosh:

Dell XPS 8500
View attachment 245443
wasn't sure what buying advice you needed so moved your post to graphics :)

Dell XPS 8500
View attachment 245443

What driver is shown as being select in the preference pane?

What driver is shown as being select in the preference pane?
T
Thanks for replying. My mac currently says I'm using NVIDIA Web Drivers. In the system report panel, it says I'm using a GT 620, but NVIDIA Driver Manager doesn't detect it. My native resolution should be 1920x1200, but the only option I have is 1280x1024. The screen also flickers in the login screen and in some applications like chrome, so that might be part of the problem.
Driver.png GPU.png Resolution.png

Did you get any further with Sierra recognizing your GT 620? I have the same system (XPS 8500, i7-3770) and can't get the GT620 to work either. I've tried with and without Web Drivers, and with and without NvidiaWeb True. I started out seeing the login screen before it would lock up, but after installing the web drivers it's rebooting before it gets to the login screen.

I now have it turning on with NvidiaWeb True. I am NOT injecting Nvidia with clover, nor am I used nv_drv=1. The Mac native drivers appear to be the reason it locks up, so Web Drivers are getting it to turn on anyway.

BUT now the mouse is invisible. Everything appears to be running fine, except I can't see the mouse at all. Is that perhaps an overlay issue? Or a USB problem? The mouse appears normally when I do nv_disable=1, but then there's no graphics driver at all.

For anyone doing forum searching, the stock GT620 on my Dell XPS 8500 does kind of work with Sierra 10.12.4. I've tried system definitions 13,1, 13,2 and 14,2 and the issues persist on all definitions.

To get functionality the web driver must be used, and NvidiaWeb set to true in the config.plist. And do NOT inject Nvidia in clover/multibeast, that seems to just confuse the drivers.

However it's not great, issues include:

1. Not native, even though it should be. With the native Mac driver (via Inject Nvidia) the system will load, then lock up as soon as you try and get past the login screen.

2. The mouse cursor is invisible at normal size. After increasing the mouse to an extremely large settings in Accessibility --> Display I can see it for normal use. The cursor issue seems to be a web driver bug, and not specific to the GT620, as I've seen it reported for other older Nvidia cards in the forums.

3. System will not wake up from Sleep or even just turning the monitor off, it just locks up.

4. Hotplugging the monitor doesn't work at all, the system will only recognize the video card / monitor if it's plugged in at clover/boot. So attempting to change the monitor cable from DVI to HDMI for instance will not work once the system is running.

5. Single monitor only. Dual monitor will immediately lock up the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back