Contribute
Register

After Updating to Mavericks, WDN4800 WiFi not working. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
I updated as per the steps provided, and all went smoothly. I ran multibeast where I installed Atheros + Intel network kexts (which I'm not sure is necessary...) and I can no longer connect to my wifi. The WiFi shows up in my Network page, and i can see the avaliable wireless networks around me - I just can't connect to any of them. I get a "the wifi network could not be joined" message when i try to. Everything else seems fine - just the Wifi.

I've tried changing my router from 2.4GHz to 5GHz, which hasn't helped.

GA-Z77X-UD5H
TL-WDN4800 WiFi

I have the same hardware and recently updated to 10.9, but my Wi-Fi has connectivity issues. It will stay connected for about 5-10 minutes then stop working and I have to manually turn off and back on the Wi-Fi adapter in network settings in order to restore it.

Everything was fine in 10.8.

I also have the same problem.
I did a clean install of Mavericks on a new build and after a few hiccups all is well except for the WiFi.
I have a GA-Z87X-UD3H MB, i5, and the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 WiFi card.
The network show up but nothing happen when I try to connect.
WiFi Status: ON: WiFi has the self assigned ip address:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx and will not be able to connect to the internet.
The network shows up but I can't connect.
I deleted the WiFi preferences but that did not help.

Problem Solved. After looking at the status message it dawned on me. I manually set up the TCP/IP using my IP address and router IP address.

Problem Not Solved. Still can't connect.

Same here , clean install mavericks / network found during install but will not join.
After install same problem.
Must be a simple fix, everything is there just wont join ?

I updated as per the steps provided, and all went smoothly. I ran multibeast where I installed Atheros + Intel network kexts (which I'm not sure is necessary...) and I can no longer connect to my wifi. The WiFi shows up in my Network page, and i can see the avaliable wireless networks around me - I just can't connect to any of them. I get a "the wifi network could not be joined" message when i try to. Everything else seems fine - just the Wifi.

I've tried changing my router from 2.4GHz to 5GHz, which hasn't helped.

GA-Z77X-UD5H
TL-WDN4800 WiFi

Delete io80211family.kext from S/L/E and replace with version 6.30.223.74.22 from mountain lion.
Use kext utility when replacing and let it repair permissions .
Restart and your wifi should be connected.

Úll Mac

Delete io80211family.kext from S/L/E and replace with version 6.30.223.74.22 from mountain lion.

Úll Mac

Where can I find that version? I don't have a mountain lion sytem right now.

Úll Mac
Where I find delete kext ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back