Graphics
iGPu
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have read about many shutdown issues, but not to Boot.

After successful shutdown or restart attempt, the only way to boot it to turn off the power supply or unplug it. I can't even get into the bios after shutdown. Might try rolling back to an earlier bios.

Using a Asrock B550m Pro4, Ryzen 3600X, 32gb ram, RX480 and a Samsung 840 1TB SSD.

The only thing I did different with this build is a dual boot on the same SSD. Partitioned Windows/Mac. Has no problems in open core with dual boot.

Issue does not happen with Windows only Mac.

I am looking into the S5 issue as reported for reboot loop after shutdown, but I am not having that issue.

Weird.

I have nothing plugged in except a USB keyboard dongle. I am having to use an Intel Pro1000 network adapter because the Realtek RTL8111H is not working no matter what I try. I ended up disabling it in the bios and removing rtl8111 kext.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Still waiting for the wifi/bt adapter to come tomorrow.

Last edited:
Erased and reinstalled MacOs. And nope.

I set Uefi on the drive for boot. Will boot fine until reboot or shutdown

On restart you get a black screen with no way into the bios.

Unplug it and you can get into the bios.

It changes the boot order- every time to OpenCore. It should boot from UEFI on the drive.

Changed back to Uefi and no problem. Reboot and it resets it back to opencore for boot drive.

I am going to check it in Propertree.

This is a log so IF anyone else runs into this, they may have a solution.

Erased and reinstalled MacOs. And nope.

I set Uefi on the drive for boot. Will boot fine until reboot or shutdown

On restart you get a black screen with no way into the bios.

Unplug it and you can get into the bios.

It changes the boot order- every time to OpenCore. It should boot from UEFI on the drive.

Changed back to Uefi and no problem. Reboot and it resets it back to opencore for boot drive.

I am going to check it in Propertree.

This is a log so IF anyone else runs into this, they may have a solution.
Hi,
I have the same issue with ASRock b550m Pro4 and Catalina. I've been trying to find the reason why the system doesn't restart for about a week now. Shutting down, falling asleep and restarting do not work for me (which will be the same cause). I have to turn off the pc from the power supply and wait a while for the bios to reset. I have the system installed only on ssd NVmMe and connected via an adapter (pcie 16x) so it has nothing to do with whether you have 2 systems on disk. So far, I think it could be caused by a USB controller or something with a processor. After boot up, the system is stable and functional. I haven't tried ethernet yet, but I think it works well with RTL8111.kext(2.3.0).

My Desktop:
OpenCore 0.6.4
Ryzen 3900X
ASRock b550m Pro4
32Gb 3200hz
RX5700
SSD NVMe Kingston A2000 256gb

Hi,
I have the same issue with ASRock b550m Pro4 and Catalina. I've been trying to find the reason why the system doesn't restart for about a week now. Shutting down, falling asleep and restarting do not work for me (which will be the same cause). I have to turn off the pc from the power supply and wait a while for the bios to reset. I have the system installed only on ssd NVmMe and connected via an adapter (pcie 16x) so it has nothing to do with whether you have 2 systems on disk. So far, I think it could be caused by a USB controller or something with a processor. After boot up, the system is stable and functional. I haven't tried ethernet yet, but I think it works well with RTL8111.kext(2.3.0).

My Desktop:
OpenCore 0.6.4
Ryzen 3900X
ASRock b550m Pro4
32Gb 3200hz
RX5700
SSD NVMe Kingston A2000 256gb
! Solved ! The problem with the LED controller (usb mapping). Needed turn off via Hackintool. Now I can restart na shutdown property.

I am attaching my files. You can try.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 169
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back