CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After many try and errors and thanks to tonymacx86 users, I was able to run this hackintosh
here is my spec,

- i7 6800K
- Asus x99 Strix Gaming
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2047 MB
- 32 GB 3000 MHz DDR4
- Asus Thunderbolt ex 2 expansion card (display and blackmagic 4k working)
- ssd 500gb samsung
- bluetooth via usb micro adapter ($12) for magic trackpad (worked oob!)

This was running stellar before the security update but after the update I am having 3 serious problems

1. iTunes cannot be run directly.. I have to manually right click the iTunes app and open the package contents and go
[Contents] -> [MacOS] -> iTunes (unix executable) app.

- how can i fix this? I want iTunes shorcut key to work at the dock as it did before.
- EDIT : I formatted/reinstalled El Capitan and works fine again (OSX 10.11.6) and I will NOT do any updates for iTunes.

2. [SOLVED] bluetooth seem to connect but my magic trackpad is not working smoothly. Its now jumping all over the place when I am touching the pad.

- I want it to work like before. any suggestions?
- EDIT : partially working now. NO GESTURE MOVEMENTS recognized.
- EDIT 2 : looks like I need to use four to five fingers tips to activate gesture commands instead of three to four finger tips. It is working fine other than that.

3. [SOLVED] Blackmagic 4k is not working. I think I need to talk to the customer service regarding it. Seems like I need to deactivate all the modules before making updates (any software and OS) this hackintosh.

- EDIT : I was able to deactivate the module via contacting customer service.

If I cannot fix them, I guess the best thing is to format it and start all over. But before I do, I just like to hear from you guys if I can find any solutions to these.

Thanks,

EDIT : after formatting and reinstalling El Capitan these issues are gone. The Time Machine did not do the job. I still had issues after restoring it from previous day on Time Machine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.09.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.09.12 AM.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.09.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.09.43 AM.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.10.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 11.10.17 AM.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
for bluetooth, I think my battery was the culprit. It was dying. After replacing with new batteries and resetting the bluetooth module via (shift + option + click on bluetooth icon on top right corner and go to DEBUG -> reset the bluetooth module). It working except it does NOT recognize my hand gesture movements (CANNOT DO these commands; "launchpad", "showdesktop", "misson control", etc.)

EDIT : instead of using three to four finger tips for gesture commands, I used four to five finger tips and works like it should. Different from the manual it seems (either mine is having a glitch or Apple haven't made official updates regarding this). Well at least this method works, I will be okay.

Last edited:
for Blackmagic 4K, I was able to deactivate the module after talking to the Blackmagic customer support.

I have formatted and started a fresh copy of OSX El Capitan 10.11.1 and looks like iTunes is working fine. I won't be updating to iTunes 12.5.5

EDIT : I updated to El Capitan 10.11.6 and iTunes still works. I won't be updating anytime soon on iTunes. Don't fix it unless it's broke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back