1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Resolved: After restart system won't boot in any mode

(I think this belongs here then the other board, apologies in advanced)

Hello Guys,

So I have a weird one that I cannot explain. A system that Ive been using for months perfect fine with Clover, I went ahead and restarted it and now it will not boot. The only mode I can get get to is single user. Everything else hangs including safe mode. Something must have changed because even my nightly cloned drive will not boot as well. I do not think I install any apple updates recently either. Seems to be stuck on "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" then just keeps saying Resetting IOCatalogue. Any suggestions?

RESOLVED: After much testing, the system itself is suffering from a hardware failure.

Attachments

• IMG_7361.jpg
    IMG_7361.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
(I think this belongs here then the other board, apologies in advanced)

Hello Guys,

So I have a weird one that I cannot explain. A system that Ive been using for months perfect fine with Clover, I went ahead and restarted it and now it will not boot. The only mode I can get get to is single user. Everything else hangs including safe mode. Something must have changed because even my nightly cloned drive will not boot as well. I do not think I install any apple updates recently either. Seems to be stuck on "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" then just keeps saying Resetting IOCatalogue. Any suggestions?

Based on what you have posted , I suspect there has been some system file corruption that must have affected your Video card drivers in a major way causing that Bluetooth..... line and several lines above referencing your Video card.

On that assumption, I suggest trying nv_disable=1 -x -f as boot flag for the System disk boot.

If that fails , boot with your Yosemite USB installer and access disk utility and Check & repair the hard disk volume.

Lastly the unthinkable Re-installation.

Based on what you have posted , I suspect there has been some system file corruption that must have affected your Video card drivers in a major way causing that Bluetooth..... line and several lines above referencing your Video card.

On that assumption, I suggest trying nv_disable=1 -x -f as boot flag for the System disk boot.

If that fails , boot with your Yosemite USB installer and access disk utility and Check & repair the hard disk volume.

Thanks for the fast reply! Sadly, the boot flags did not work :/ My USB key is MIA so ill have to wait and or hook it up to my MBP with an adaptor for the Check & Repair. Its just odd, really really odd. One thing I can't seem to understand if the corruption happened on the System drive would that not affect the protected recovery partition? Its weird because it will freeze on both with the same messages. Maybe there is something I'm missing...

Really *really* hoping to avoid a re-install. Takes me weeks days to get everything just right...

In the meantime if anyone has any other ideas I'm open to just about anything :/

In the meantime if anyone has any other ideas I'm open to just about anything :/

Humm... well this is an old system board and GPU. I would think that you have had some sort of hardware issue (or failure).

If this were my system, I would set the hard drives aside and I would pull the GPU and try another one with a back up drive.

Good modding,
neil

Edit: I see that the GPU is new or current tech... running on old tech.

Humm... well this is an old system board and GPU. I would think that you have had some sort of hardware issue (or failure).

If this were my system, I would set the hard drives aside and I would pull the GPU and try another one with a back up drive.

Good modding,
neil

Edit: I see that the GPU is new or current tech... running on old tech.

I tried putting the 8800 Ultra that I did the original build in with. Still no luck :/

I also ran the disk repair from another system (MBP with USB adaptor) still no luck. Seems like I'm @#$%ed :/

Well going to have to file this one under faulty hardware it seems. Final nail in the head was the fact the SSD with an adaptor boots up 100% fine on my Mac Mini (I had a pretty vanilla install). Further more, I cannot even get my Unibeast stick to load up either. Something went funky and will require further testing with another OS. Though, most like rip and replace. It was a build from 2008 (minus the new GFX card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back