Contribute
Register

After Install, presented with macOS login screen (can't login), now can't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other from Downloads - Kexts.

Also wondering how I was able to see migration assistant (during install) and then macOS login screen but can't boot directly to macOS.
See if this makes any difference :

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 118
Thank you - I didn't try your config.plist yet - I was reinstalling from scratch and then skipped migration assistant because I think it must have copied some bad/old kexts from my previous installation. I can boot into newly installed High Sierra now.

I saw your DSDT patches - What do they do?

So High Sierra is running... ran migration assistant but skipped "other file" and system/network settings. Still up and running.

Here's something I've never seen... I plugged in my GPU to get that working and when it's plugged in, the BIOS will not init/recognize USB keyboard, so I could not enter BIOS settings. Tried 2 different keyboards and many USB ports. Unplugged GPU and then keyboard worked again.

Here's something I've never seen... I plugged in my GPU to get that working and when it's plugged in, the BIOS will not init/recognize USB keyboard, so I could not enter BIOS settings. Tried 2 different keyboards and many USB ports. Unplugged GPU and then keyboard worked again.
You may need GenericUSBXHCI.kext for your third party USB controller.

Even though the 290x is supposed to be compatible with macOS, I found that my specific XFX 290x apparently doesn't work with macOS. I've removed the GPU again, going back to intel graphics. Removed any kexts I was playing with (e.g. WhateverGreen), removed ATI stuff from config.plist Booted with -f UseKernelCache=No and still can't boot, got a new error " kextd wait(0): pci8086,1c3a"

I'm really doing something wrong, I've never had this much trouble getting a Hackintosh up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back