CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
R9 290X
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Been trying for weeks to get this computer up and running again after trying to upgrade to High Sierra.

I've given up on upgrading and I installed HS to a new APFS partition. This seemed to work because I was taken to migration assistant. I migrated everything it offered except for my User folder because it was too big. During migration it asked to select an account for admin privileges. The only account it offered was "MacPorts". So I selected that and set a password. After migration completed, system restarted and booted into macOS. I was taken to macOS login screen but I had no way to login. Tried MacPorts account, tried my account on other partition. Could not log in. I then restarted to USB stick, tried to boot into single user mode on the new macOS partition and got kernel panic. Tried to boot without single user, still gets kernel panic. Booted to recovery mode, ran resetpassword in Terminal, selected the new HS install and it says "there are no users on this volume to reset password for".

Thought I was seeing light at the end of the tunnel with the login screen... now I can't even boot the new installation. I'm at my wits end.

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (UEFI BIOS)
Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz
Samsung 840 Series SSD 500 GB SATA3
16 GB RAM

Deleted /var/db/.AppleSetupDone in the new install but no clue if it helped because I can't boot to it.
You could install the os completely, which will give you an Admin account.
Then create a new user account and restore your backup / migration.
Be careful not to install any system information which might overwrite your new installation.

I'm still getting ACPI-related kernel panic. I've reviewed and reset my BIOS setting 2 times. So idea how to solve this.
ACPI errors are usually related to badly configured config.plist not BIOS.

Since I'm using UEFI bios, I read that I don't need DSDT? What should I be tweaking in config.plist?

Error:
acpi.png

Since I'm using UEFI bios, I read that I don't need DSDT? What should I be tweaking in config.plist?
Attach your config.plist.

Attaching my config.plist from my USB stick, which is what I'm trying to boot macOS from since I have not installed Clover on SSD yet.
Confused.
If this is using the HD6850 in your profile why are you injecting Intel graphics and disabling Nvidia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back