Asus ProArt Z490 Creator-10G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all -
Had working 10.13.6 build. Tried to upgrade to Mojave, but no joy: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-upgrade-error-verifying-firmware.265271/

Now I can't get into High Sierra - it freezes at the login screen (choose user) - cursor doesn't move, so I assume it's USB-related. This is a triple-boot machine. Linux and Windows boot fine with full USB functionality. What do I need to fix? I can mount both the EFI and the (HFS+) MacOS boot partition in Linux, so can operate on them even though I can't log in to MacOS.

USBInjectAll.kext is present in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other. I see no changed files between my backup of the EFI partition and the current one.

I also tried restoring my pre-update-attempt backup cloned HS partition, but have the same problem - assume something got hosed in the EFI partition but can't see what! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Update - got Mojave installed (USB devices work using the install flash drive to do the upgrade) but my keyboard and mouse are still not working on booting Mojave. I am using USBInjectAll and I have the 15->24 port patch done. Any ideas?? Thanks. Tried moving over the USB stuff in the flash drive's config.plist to the EFI partition on my SSD, but that didn't work, either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back