Geforce GTX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all...

after more or less 5 yeas it's time to buy a new monster desktop, I found working with HD movies and big photos today is really annoying and time expensive...
My actual config is Asus P5B + Intel C2D [email protected] + Geforce 8800GTS 640MB running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 without any issue... (also microphone works fine ! :) ) but after a week reading here and on insanelymac I decided to move on a i7 platform...
so... here we go... this is what I've ordered...

1 x Corsair Graphite Series 600T
1 x ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E
1 x INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB
2 x DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 6GB Corsair Dominator Skt1366 (3x2GB) (12GB RAM)
1 x Corsair CMPSU-850HXEU 850W
1 x Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Special Edition 1366/1156/775/AMD/AM2/AM2+
1 x GF GTX470 PALIT 1280MB DESIGN 2xDVI/HDMI/DP
1 x DVD-RW LG GH24NS50 NERO SATA
1 x Western Digital 300GB WD3000HLFS 10000rpm 16MB VelociRaptor
1 x Western Digital 1TB WD1001FALS 7200rpm 32MB Black
1 x MS-TECH Multicard Reader 16in1 SATA internal LU-161S nero

I've read some successful installation on the Asus p6x58d-e or premium and I discarded the Gigabyte alternative due to its problems with high pitch noises coming from the mobo...

Any advice ?

The mic in will work on this mobo ? I can't understand if the latest kext for ALC889 will work just fine...

Best Regards,
Alessio.

P.s This is a great forum !!

No offense but have you built a hackintosh before? I ask because i've done it the hard way before (picking my own parts) and i just built one based on tonymac's shopping list and it was way easier using this time around.

A number of your parts (the asus mb, palit 470) are not well established here so you won't get as much support as with the gigabyte boards or the well known graphics cards.

i built a p55a-ud4p/i7-870 hackintosh and was easy using the instructions here, i'd do some more research if i were you just to make sure there are guides using your parts list. otherwise consider switching to a gigabyte x58 + i7-950 with a supported graphics card like the radeon 5770 or gtx 285, it will make your life a lot easier...

Hi minhi,

yes, as I said I'm running SnowLeopard on my hackintosh...

I've read a lot of thread in the past days... and I've read some successful installation on the asus p6x58d-e, about the video card maybe you are right, but I have some sort of hate to ATI cards... I'll try to make it work or I'll sell it :)

I trashed the Gigabyte idea, due to issue with the mobo itself... I don't know if the high pitch noise coming from the mobo is present on the latest revision but as i said about the NVidia... I just love ASUS :)

In any case... I can run Windows 7 without any problem :) lol (just kidding)

I am also looking to Build a Beast! I am going to use it as a render station for Final Cut. Offline all my rendering so I can keep editing and render faster.

I tryed the Gigabyte UD3R initially a while back and I ran into Memory errors only with 3 sticks, even running only in MemTest. I tried a different board and RAM too and same prob so it must have been a config error or something but I took everything back because I didn't have the time to figure it out.

Well now I have the time and I am wanting less headaches too. But I want Performance and the video card is real important for renders.

What is the fastest NVidia that has been tested stable so far? GTX285?
I like your choice of the DDR5 board. We could test it if we follow someone elses build part for part except the Video and use that after everything is stable.

I like ASUS too and the experience with GigaByte turned me off, but that was 6 months ago so it could have been a first version. But I just saw a video on YouTube of an ASUS build with a GTX250 back in FEB:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoQ40abWUDY[/VIDEO]

Not sure if it stayed stable... He also used PC EFI.

I think the easiest would be to follow the guides and hardware though and the performance difference won't be too far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back