Motherboard
GA Z370N WiFi
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
After updating to 10.15.1, I'm having trouble with kexts not being loaded every time I do a cold start. Can some someone please tell me how to solve it? Thank you! And do I need to remove the old unloaded kexts before re-installing them each time. Much appreciated! Thanks!

After updating to 10.15.1, I'm having trouble with kexts not being loaded every time I do a cold start. Can some someone please tell me how to solve it? Thank you! And do I need to remove the old unloaded kexts before re-installing them each time. Much appreciated! Thanks!

solved, problem is Lilu 1.3.9, installed 1.3.8 and problem solved

I would go back to lilu 1.3.9
hackintool was reporting not updated when I checked kexts installed
I had 1.3.9 in clover kext/other but somehow had 1.3.8 and older appleALC in /L/E
removed them, system was fine on the older kexts, but i wanted the latest ones loading
found out when I had hackintool rebuild cache

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 2.23.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 2.23.17 AM.png
    349.8 KB · Views: 50
I would go back to lilu 1.3.9
hackintool was reporting not updated when I checked kexts installed
I had 1.3.9 in clover kext/other but somehow had 1.3.8 and older appleALC in /L/E
removed them, system was fine on the older kexts, but i wanted the latest ones loading
found out when I had hackintool rebuild cache

I'm afraid don't quite understand what you are trying to say: what I understood was: you used hackintool to install the new kexts and rebuilt cache. You have noticed that the new kexts were installed in kext/other, but also found the old kexts in /L/E. After removing the old kexts in /L/E, ie now the only remaining kexts are in kext/other, everything is working well. And you installed 10.15.2 beta.

I haven't tested to place my kexts in kext/other. And I haven't installed 10.15.2 beta. Not keen to risk installing the beta at the moment, guess will wait and see. But thank you for your reply.

No i had been putting latest kexts in clover kexts folder
When i rebuild cache that is when noticed kexts in /L/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back