Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated without issues, just took a bit longer than usual. A while after it finished and I started using the computer a bit more, I noticed the fans on my RX580 ramp up and down very quickly and seemingly without reason from time to time. I can live with it for now, but I hope it will be fixed by the next update. Haven't heard anyone else with similar issues.

Updated without issues, just took a bit longer than usual. A while after it finished and I started using the computer a bit more, I noticed the fans on my RX580 ramp up and down very quickly and seemingly without reason from time to time. I can live with it for now, but I hope it will be fixed by the next update. Haven't heard anyone else with similar issues.

I noticed this today as well. Not sure what your bios is like on your board but on mine smart fan 5 I changed all the settings to "auto" for fan control from pwm (so silent mode, 1 for time, shut off fan stop mode, auto) also had them all reference the cpu for temp, it has stopped. On 10.14.3 I had sleep issues and discovered the smart fan 5 settings will mess things up. Fan stop mode selected on for any of the fans would kill waking up or it would wake up with fans going full tilt and black screen, so shut that off and everything back to normal. Might be worth playing with fan settings in bios if you have them. Hope that helps.

Same for me but only when waking from Sleep.

I noticed this today as well. Not sure what your bios is like on your board but on mine smart fan 5 I changed all the settings to "auto" for fan control from pwm (so silent mode, 1 for time, shut off fan stop mode, auto) also had them all reference the cpu for temp, it has stopped. On 10.14.3 I had sleep issues and discovered the smart fan 5 settings will mess things up. Fan stop mode selected on for any of the fans would kill waking up or it would wake up with fans going full tilt and black screen, so shut that off and everything back to normal. Might be worth playing with fan settings in bios if you have them. Hope that helps.
I went to check how my fans were set and noticed only my CPU fan was on "Smart fan mode". I set all of them to "smart fan mode" to see how things worked. Seems like they ramp up to 100 for a second upon wake from sleep, but otherwise seem quiet (update, changed the ramp up and down times to the highest possible (0,3) and it seemed to help a bit). I couldn't change anything about the graphics card in there so the issue persist. Just browsing the web can make the fans on the GPU ramp up loud for about two seconds before they go back to idle at 0rpm again

Last edited:
Sure, whatever you like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-16_at_01_23_04.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-16_at_01_23_04.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 210
Does your card have Zero RPM?

Yes, it has zero rpm, however it does not get hot this fast under windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back