Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

So, finally i've installed Mac OS X on my PC :D . Now i need to ask some questions related to DSDT.

So, is it any way to generate DSDT form my Maximus III Formula motherboard?

In database i can find DSDT 1607 - BIOS version. Actually my motherboard is updated with the new version 2001. So what do you suggest:

1. Download and use version 1607 from DSDT database
2. Try to generate new DSDT

Thank you with advance

lucas_kiwi said:
Hi all,

So, finally i've installed Mac OS X on my PC :D . Now i need to ask some questions related to DSDT.

So, is it any way to generate DSDT form my Maximus III Formula motherboard?

In database i can find DSDT 1607 - BIOS version. Actually my motherboard is updated with the new version 2001. So what do you suggest:

1. Download and use version 1607 from DSDT database
2. Try to generate new DSDT

Thank you with advance

You could downgrade your BIOS version.

thank you. I will do that

Ok, so that's what is happening:

I downgraded my motherboard to the same BIOS version as DSDT file from DSDT database. I can install MAC OS X and upgrade 10.6.4 smoothly but the problem appear when i choose UserDSDT for my DSDT file which is located on the desktop - renamed to DSDT.aml . After installing i restarted computer and thats what appears on the screen:

“You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

Hmmm... what shall i do in this case?

lucas_kiwi said:
Ok, so that's what is happening:

I downgraded my motherboard to the same BIOS version as DSDT file from DSDT database. I can install MAC OS X and upgrade 10.6.4 smoothly but the problem appear when i choose UserDSDT for my DSDT file which is located on the desktop - renamed to DSDT.aml . After installing i restarted computer and thats what appears on the screen:

“You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

Hmmm... what shall i do in this case?

What kexts did you install along with the DSDT?

no kexts at all. I had the feeling that could be something wrong with DSDT. So i,ve choosed UserDSDT and thats it.

I followed this topic created by tonymacx86 :

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html

and ufortunately i had exactly the same problem. Before using MultiBeast and DSDT.aml I have upgrated Mac OS to 10.6.4. Maybe i should use MultiBeast first and then upgread OS?? Is it important to unlpug all hardware from motherboard except graphic card before using DSDT.aml file??

I wonder what am i doing wrong?

lucas_kiwi said:
I followed this topic created by tonymacx86 :

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... dtaml.html

and ufortunately i had exactly the same problem. Before using MultiBeast and DSDT.aml I have upgrated Mac OS to 10.6.4. Maybe i should use MultiBeast first and then upgread OS?? Is it important to unlpug all hardware from motherboard except graphic card before using DSDT.aml file??

I wonder what am i doing wrong?

What do you have plugged in? Are you using the correct ports, etc?

Thank you Vendetta for trying to help me.

So, when i installed Mac OS i had plugged in to the motherboard my graphics card - second slot, sound card Asus Xonar Essence STX and network card TP-Link TL-WN951N and also 2 hard drives - 1st with Windows 7 and 2nd dedicated for Mac OS. My optical drive and HD are connected to Intel P55 Serial ATA connectors (7-pin SATA 1-6)
These connectors are for the SATA signal cables for SATA hard disk drives and optical disc drives.
I didn't have any problem with the installation and upgrade to 10.6.4
The problem starts when i use MultiBeast with DSDT.aml file.

Shall i unplagged everything except graphics card , optical drive and HD for Mac OS installation?

lucas_kiwi said:
Thank you Vendetta for trying to help me.

So, when i installed Mac OS i had plugged in to the motherboard my graphics card - second slot, sound card Asus Xonar Essence STX and network card TP-Link TL-WN951N and also 2 hard drives - 1st with Windows 7 and 2nd dedicated for Mac OS. My optical drive and HD are connected to Intel P55 Serial ATA connectors (7-pin SATA 1-6)
These connectors are for the SATA signal cables for SATA hard disk drives and optical disc drives.
I didn't have any problem with the installation and upgrade to 10.6.4
The problem starts when i use MultiBeast with DSDT.aml file.

Shall i unplagged everything except graphics card , optical drive and HD for Mac OS installation?

I'm not great at this stuff, but I'm trying to help as much as I can. :D I know it sucks to be ignored when you have a problem. :cry:

I would definitely unplug everything for the whole process, and then plug it in once you are done with everything. I'm not sure this is your problem, but it's definitely the recommended route. Make sure to use the blue sata ports, and RAM slots 1 and 3.

One of the guys that actually toy with the DSDTs (Tony and MacMan) could probably tell you a lot more about what's going on, but this is the best I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back