Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I'm about ready to start the build of my G5 into an Hackintosh, all the bits are here. o_O

only thing is what os to use, :crazy:
I already have a copy of leopard 10.5.6. :beachball:

however not sure if i can go from 10.5.6 to lion :oops:
or do i need Snow leopard and then install lion, :banghead:

or can I just get the lion usb stick at the apple store and install lion as a new install, any advice which is the best way to do this, :rolleyes:

This is going to be a clean install onto a firmware updated to 2.11 OCZ Agility3 120gb ssd, with a Gigabyte Z68 M/b and a i7.2600k, 16gb ocz vengence memory. :p

Rayrosher said:
Hi I'm about ready to start the build of my G5 into an Hackintosh, all the bits are here. o_O

only thing is what os to use, :crazy:
I already have a copy of leopard 10.5.6. :beachball:

however not sure if i can go from 10.5.6 to lion :oops:
or do i need Snow leopard and then install lion, :banghead:

or can I just get the lion usb stick at the apple store and install lion as a new install, any advice which is the best way to do this, :rolleyes:

This is going to be a clean install onto a firmware updated to 2.11 OCZ Agility3 120gb ssd, with a Gigabyte Z68 M/b and a i7.2600k, 16gb ocz vengence memory. :p

OS X Leopard is not supported on this forum, therefore you'll need to purchase a OS X Snow Leopard DVD. You can also run OS X Lion but you will also need to purchase that as a digital download from the Mac App Store or purchase the Apple USB Installer.

You can use UniBeast to create your own custom installer of OS X Lion but you'd need an existing OS X install in order to do so.

thanks so if I want to go straight to lion Do I need to get the Snow leopard dvd and then the lion app

or can

I just get the lion USB and install that using the new UniBeast

Rayrosher said:
thanks so if I want to go straight to lion Do I need to get the Snow leopard dvd and then the lion app

or can

I just get the lion USB and install that using the new UniBeast

You need an existing Snow Leopard or Lion system to create UniBeast.

So if you have none of these, then you'd need a Snow Leopard DVD in order to get Lion.

You'd need to update Snow Leopard to at least 10.6.5 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back