Contribute
Register

Advice on installing to SSD first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tonymacx86.com/threads/does-anyone-else-install-this-way.194797/
If I do it this way, it'll make my life much easier.

What do you mean by install then run the clover installation? What is the clover installation?

And also: would you have to enable the BIOS on the first time startup to run from the SSD or will it automatically pick the SSD as it has an OS on it?

Thanks!
You can do the installation this way if you have access to a Mac already running OS X with access to the App Store.
What the OP in your link should have said is that after installation you download the Clover installer package, launch it, change the destination drive from the internal drive to the external drive and install Clover to the external drive.

You can do the installation this way if you have access to a Mac already running OS X with access to the App Store.
What the OP in your link should have said is that after installation you download the Clover installer package, launch it, change the destination drive from the internal drive to the external drive and install Clover to the external drive.

Thank you very much, I shall do this via my MacBook!

One last q - what's the best way to connect the SSD to my MacBook?

And also do I just set up the BIOS to boot from the SSD and use the HDD as just another to save as a destination etc?

Thanks again.
You can purchase an external hard drive enclosure with USB3.0 connection or you can get a SSD->USB3.0 cable adapter from Amazon or Newegg or your favorite local retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back