Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

New here.

I hope it's the right place to post this. I also looked for an answer to this but couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm guessing it's not a big deal but I'm about to buy a hard drive to install OSX and was wondering does it matter which manufacturer (or something else I should notice)? I'm thinking of spending no more than £40 (~64$).
(I don't want to buy an HD that is less than 32mb cache and 7200rpm so it will probably be a 500GB one..)

Any suggestions/advice?

Thank you

Re: Choosing Compatible Components

numbed said:
Hello,

New here.

I hope it's the right place to post this. I also looked for an answer to this but couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm guessing it's not a big deal but I'm about to buy a hard drive to install OSX and was wondering does it matter which manufacturer (or something else I should notice)? I'm thinking of spending no more than £40 (~64$).
(I don't want to buy an HD that is less than 32mb cache and 7200rpm so it will probably be a 500GB one..)

Any suggestions/advice?

Thank you

Doesn't really matter the brand. I would suggest a Samsung F3/F4 or a Western Digital Caviar Black/Blue though. :)

Hey, Thank you for your fast reply!

zionic said:
numbed said:
Hey, Thank you for your fast reply!

No problem!

So I got an Hitachi 0F10383 Deskstar 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache for the job.

Seems to work just fine!

I do have another problem though.. but I will try to figure it out before I post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back