Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm looking to build my first hackintosh machine with one intel's ivy bridge cpus. As I began my search for components I came across I good deal at micro center where I could purchase a 3570k for $189.99 or a 3770k for $289.99. Additionally if I pair the 3570k with the GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard, the motherboard would only cost $114.99.

The total cost for the 3570k and the gigabyte motherboard comes out to $317.98 which seems like an incredible deal.

Now from what I have seen in the forums gigabyte looks like a great choice for building a system with ivy bridge. However, from tonymac86x ivy bridge motherboard recommendations he does not mention this one, so I didn't know if there was a reason for this?

Additionally I plan on using my hackintosh for gaming as well as video editing. I understand that the 3770k is recommended for video editing since it supports hyper threading. I make 3-5 minute youtube videos a few times a week and didn't know how beneficial the 3770k would be over the 3570k. I use final cut pro x for most of my video editing.

Would you guys recommended going with the 3770k? I'm leaning towards the 3750k since I can purchase it with the gigabyte motherboard (if it is compatible) and save a good amount of money. I was hoping to use my savings towards a better graphics card for gaming. Would a better graphics card have any effect when editing video in final cut pro x?

Thanks for your help!

We can't recommend Ivy boards yet.

If the deal works with your budget then purchase it and put it towards a video card since FCPX needs OpenCL support. I believe that board's audio will have issues where you will have to buy either a firewire sound card or USB sound dongle.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... -cpus.html

jester969 said:
We can't recommend Ivy boards yet.

If the deal works with your budget then purchase it and put it towards a video card since FCPX needs OpenCL support. I believe that board's audio will have issues where you will have to buy either a firewire sound card or USB sound dongle.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... -cpus.html

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back