Contribute
Register

Advice needed: EVGA GTX 750ti successfully working but 3D performance is disappointing compared to P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

I have built my first Hackintosh using:

Asrock z97m anniversary MB
Intel i5 4440
8gb memory
EVGA gtx 750ti SC 2gb graphics connected via hdmi to monitor
WD 750 gb HDD i recycled from a old machine.

I have installed OSX yosemite and used combo update to 10.10.5, I have installed the Nvidia web drivers for 101.10.5 and all seems to be working fine, except, the 3d performance is a little to be desired, I regularly run secondlife virtual world application when using this hardware on windows i can enable shadows and lighting effects and secondlife shows the opengl version in use is 4.3, when i run the mac version of secondlife i can only run basic shaders, no shadows and no lighting effects and the secondlife app detects the version of opengl that is in use is only 2.1 ( bear in mind the 750ti performance in secondlife on the mac is still far better than the 4600 built into the cpu).

I am using Nvidia web driver version 346.02.03f01 the Nvidia driver manager says this is up to date.

here is a copy of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have also tried it with IGPEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=No with the same results.

I hope someone can advise me if I have done something wrong or if this is what to be expected from my setup, either way this turns out I am loving my Hackintosh.

Best regards

Rob

Thanks for the link, i tried all those things and the links stork posted to other pages I am still in the same situation, maybe it is just this one app that is the problem, though, since i followed Stork's instructions, i have noticed that in About this Mac it now list my graphics memory incorrectly at 2989 MB instead of the correct amount 2047 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back