Advice needed about my first hackintosh config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there,

After many years reading stuff about Hackintosh community and articles from mac users explaining how they created their own machine; I'm ready to build mine!

Yet I'm not quite sure how to do this. I started by reading the Buyer's Guide and a few things on this forum. Thanks you very much for your dedication on this task it's really impressive!!

This is what I would like to do with my machine:
  • Using both MacOS & W10 in dualboot (this is not an ultimate requirement, but it would be really great),
  • Unique SSD for each OS (~500go each),
  • I've got a NAS at work and I'm using cloud services for most of my work. HDD are optional (I will upgrade the machine later),
  • As quiet as possible. I don't know anything at all about watercooling/fans architecture,
  • I'm using this machine for work : dev, webdesign, writing stuff, using the web constantly. Productivity, good network performance (WIFI, Ethernet, etc...) and smooth experience for multi-tasking (I'm the kind of guy who always have 42 opened tabs and plenty of apps running at the same times) are the keys,
  • I listen to a lot of music (I read that a lot of mackintosh have sound problems is it true?),
  • 4k display support is really optional as I'm not a video maker nor a photograph,
  • I don't want to play with this machine (not to much o/).

I'm looking for something around ~1500€ max (without peripherals).

So far, I choose this config:
  • Case : Fractal Design Define R5 Black (112€)
  • Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming (152€)
  • CPU : Intel Core Kabylake i5-7600K (239€)
  • CPU Cooler : BeQuiet! Pure Rock (35€)
  • Additional Watercooling/fans : ?
  • Graphic Card : Evga GeForce GTX 1070 FTW Hybrid Gaming (639.95€)
  • RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (162.95€)
  • Mac SSD : Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (179.95€)
  • Win10 SSD : Crucial CT275MX300SSD1 MX300 275 GB (96€)
  • Optional Clone Disk : Seagate Barracuda 1TB (57.96€)
  • Optional Data Disk : Seagate Barracuda 2TB (74.95€)
  • PSU : Corsair VS650 Builder Series 650w PSU (143€)
  • Other : wifi/bluethoot dongle ??
Temporary cost: 1192€

What do you think of this configuration ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Edit 11/08: added config list and new case.
Edit 12/08: new case (the old one wasn't ATX compatible) + new hdd disks + new PSU + final prices.
Edit 14/08: Motherboard name corrected + price per component added.

Last edited:
Bumpy'bumpy. I edited a few things about the future machine.

Still not sure about the watercooling/fans. Any advice?:/

Last edited:
Hello, not sure what your asking about water-cooling. The CPU cooler you chose is water-cooling. I could be wrong. If you want quiet fans just look for silent fans. Corsair makes some good ones. Look for the dBA to be low. The lower the better. Remember that the smaller the fan the louder it can be. 120mm would be good. I would go with a stronger chip. Intel i7 and more RAM instead if your gonna be doing a lot of multitasking.

I agree to go with better processor, and the current buying guide recommends Z270 with Kaby Lake.

The question I have is about the total cost you have here. Is this total including shipping fees? Or are you paying really high prices on everything because that's how much it costs in France? I looked at your list and I don't see how that would cost more than $1500 if I bought all that here. And I'm talking $1500, that's USD. Either you're paying too much or it all costs a lot more there. You should be able to buy i7-7700k with a Z270 motherboard for less money.

I think I made a mistake when I wrote the name of the motherboard. It is of course the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming not "Z170x". :)

About the total cost, the prices are higher in France/EU. I don't know if it's temporary or usual (I have never compared USD/EUR prices nor France/US prices). And this total doesn't include shipping fees (as I buy the components with my company, the delivery charges will be free).

It is difficult to buy components from another country as a company :
- The guarantees are not always easy to enforce,
- The VAT system isn't easy outside EU (accounting isn't easy either),
- Merchants on amazon do not always offer to ship outside the united states,

The idea is not bad, but it is not so simple to do!

Edit: By comparing a little more the prices between different market places, I can surely reduce the total.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back