Contribute
Register

Advice for Vorke V2 - I5-6200U - SSD128 ($369)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Vorke V2

Intel Skylake I5-6200U Ubuntu16.04 8G DDR3L 128G Samsung SSD 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN HDMI USB 3.1 Type C

Someone know it ?
Do you think it's something good for a little hackintosh ?
(and to hard to install ?)

Vorke V2

Intel Skylake I5-6200U Ubuntu16.04 8G DDR3L 128G Samsung SSD 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN HDMI USB 3.1 Type C

Someone know it ?
Do you think it's something good for a little hackintosh ?
(and to hard to install ?)

It would probably be a nice little alternative to the Intel NUC, except for two problems:
  1. the Wifi is unsupported (Intel 3160)
  2. the audio codec is unsupported as far as I know (Realtek ALC 269)
To solve or work around these problems, you can probably replace the Wifi module (it's an M.2 card) with a compatible Broadcom module. Edit: The audio should work with the Realtek ALC driver and edits from Multibeast.

Nice really nice! It wouldn't be a problem to replace that part. I was already searching all over the internet to see pictures of the internals to see what chip it has. But it woud be nice if you could just replace it with a completely working chip.

Did you end up getting one? I see the Skylake I7-6500U 8G DDR3L 256G SSD version for $449 (plus a free bluetooth keyboard) at Geekbuying. Doesn't look too bad for the price?

No not yet, but I am really thinking about getting one. I was hoping that someone else would already bought one. The funny thing was that when they first made there commercial they said it could run OSX and a day later they removed it. But I think this is a fantastic little device! So if someone else beats me in getting one please let us know here :D

I have the i5 Vorke in, came in at the weekend. Put a 240SSD in and am going to have a bash at getting it running, not too concerned about the wifi short-term, so long as the ethernet port works!

Oooh nice! I'm really curious about your project :D Please let us know how everything worked out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back