Contribute
Register

Advice for upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info 007, I guess I will just get a decent i5 or i7 and just don't OC it, replacing the board is not an option right now since I do hate to stop using 1 year old hardware (I guess I should have bought the i5 or i7 from the beginning as well as a z68 board, but being a noob I couldn't know that I'd need a bit of extra power -I am no pro and do not need loads of power for working and study related stuff, but I do enjoy occasional gaming, editing and rendering videos, as well as crunching data for Stanford folding@home project).

Now, onto my quest for the info on VGA working OBO options :)

Sorry, Not familiar with that chipset's capabilities. Anyways, yes I use a Dvi to VGA adapter on my 560ti.

Amazing, that's what I needed to know KoalaMan! I guess it's time to order the 560 ti :) thanks for the info!

I have the ASUS Gtx 560Ti Top Edition

Apple no longet supports VGA natively. Additionally, most modern graphics cards no longer have VGA ports so the writing is on the wall. Time to upgrade.

Apple no longet supports VGA natively. Additionally, most modern graphics cards no longer have VGA ports so the writing is on the wall. Time to upgrade.

Yeah, this monitor was a gift. I can't wait until I'm out of the house then i can get an HDMI/DVI monitor. Currently, however the DVI to VGA adapter does it's job for now.

Thanks for the info on Apple and VGA support being dropped Stork, I had no clue (nor have I ever thought about this topic from the support point of view). I guess the 560 ti gpu + adapter will work for me until I get a new state of the art screen!

Just to let whoever needs confirmation: I received my Wifi TP Link 4800 card and it works flawlessly on 10.7.3, will report once I receive the rest of the stuff :)

Btw, Noctua vs. Corsair h100 anyone? :) I guess I don't want to toast the new components, and would love the build to be silent!!

Just to let whoever needs confirmation: I received my Wifi TP Link 4800 card and it works flawlessly on 10.7.3, will report once I receive the rest of the stuff :)

Btw, Noctua vs. Corsair h100 anyone? :) I guess I don't want to toast the new components, and would love the build to be silent!!

Noctua FTW if you can fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back