Nvidia GT220
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm newbie here.
I want to built a hackintosh for Video Editing.
I'm gonna use FCPX, Smoke 2015 any other 3D software. Can you suggest what spec to buy?

because what I heard from my friend, it needs more than 12 core for rendering on Smoke 2015 or else it will crash on render.

i try to find the spec but it seems i can't find for the 12 core or more.

Here's my scratch spec:
Intel Core i7-5960X 3Ghz - Cache 20MB [Box] Socket LGA 2011-v3 - Haswell Series
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 Wifi (LGA 2011v3, X99, DDR4)
Corsair DDR4 Dominator PC21000 32GB (4X8GB) - CMD32GX4M4A2666C15
Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
Gigabyte Geforce GTX980 4096MB DDR5 - GV-N980WF3OC-4GD
Corsair CSM Series 850W Modular - Gold
Corsair Carbide 600Q (Low Noise)
DELL 27" U2713HM LED IPS

thank you so much for your expert advice. :)

Hi,

I believe x99 builds aren't easy to setup and won't work perfectly (you'll prolly loose some stuff like sleep for instance), your best bet is probably to find on the forum a user build with the tag [success] and copy his build and installation steps. Just typing i7-5960X in the research field will return you all you need.

You'll have to make a choice as FCP prefers AMD and most 3D softwares will prefer nVidia for CUDA. I'd choose the card depending on the software that I need to be the fastest.

I'm a bit puzzle about the issues you mention, would seem like a serious design flaw if it breaks with lower than 12 core CPUs and Autodesk specs page only mention "Processor: 64-bit Intel multi-core." Maybe you could ask on a forum dedicated to that soft what people are using it with ? (might not be crashing but just awfully slow on lower end CPUs, you really need user inputs there).

If you have a lot of 3D work I'd make the jump to the 980 TI, bit higher priced but I think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back