HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey Adrian and Moarfish,

i really loved Your i5 3570k and GA B75m D3H (http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html)

i have not used any dedicated GPU tough. I was wondering if i can use this build for video editing. Using some softwares like SMOKE 2013 and FCPX or FCP 7, after effects etc. I wanted to know if i can use this build for such software is it possible. has anyone tried or should i make some other build if so then, please suggest me some low budget hackintosh which can run this apps.
Thanks in advance

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

hey Adrian and Moarfish,

i really loved Your i5 3570k and GA B75m D3H

i have not used any dedicated GPU tough. I was wondering if i can use this build for video editing. Using some softwares like SMOKE 2013 and FCPX or FCP 7, after effects etc. I wanted to know if i can use this build for such software is it possible. has anyone tried or should i make some other build if so then, please suggest me some low budget hackintosh which can run this apps.
Thanks in advance

No reason not to use this board and CPU for video editing. It would work better if you can do three things to upgrade in this order:

1.) Add a decent graphics card - minimum GTX 650, but if you can save a little longer, you will love the difference a GTX 670 will make.
2.) Update the memory to 16 GB
3.) Buy a 120 GB SSD to put OSX and all your software on - it makes a huge difference.

These upgrades cost quite a lot of money, but they will transform your build into a proper video editing machine, making editing faster, smoother and an improved working experience for the user :)

Hey Adrian,

Thanks always a life saviour.. i just wanted to know if you have tried SMOKE 2013 and FCP 7 on any of these compatible GPU you listed. Just to be on safer hand i wana know that have anyone tried these both software which are really important for me otherwise my build will be waste.:lol: also here are some recommended GPU's by autodesk smoke 2013. I read many threads that says FCP crashes if not installed the selective gpu. here i have confusion :beachball::beachball:what should i buy and before buying have anyone tried these TWO important software on any specific GPU. also i have low budget in mind.:crazy:

I don't do any video editing at all, but I have read a few builds that do. My brother has done some serious editing in the past - I know that you need a serious CPU, loads of memory and a GPU that has some serious CUDA POWER.

I found this thread which I think you will find interesting : http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...tosh-work-only-autodesk-smoke-2013-trial.html

Pay attention to the GPU side of things only.

Adrian B

I don't do any video editing at all, but I have read a few builds that do. My brother has done some serious editing in the past - I know that you need a serious CPU, loads of memory and a GPU that has some serious CUDA POWER.

I found this thread which I think you will find interesting : http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...tosh-work-only-autodesk-smoke-2013-trial.html

Pay attention to the GPU side of things only.

Adrian B

hey i actually wana know if you can try installing these softwares on your build and let me know if it works. if it works then this build will be the most sucessfull and cheap build ever made. bcz i have read the same thread you advised me earlier then u told me. its quite confusing there cz no one came up with the end result weather its working or not. If you can try installing it in ur build i guess u would be the most famous geek of tonymacx86 in future. Its really risky for me to try cz i have not yet purchased it yet. tough if u see its compatible with mac mini. its shamefull and usless to know that. Mac mini is compatible with FCP X and SMOKE 2013 then why not hackintoshes. what lacks it to not to be compatible, and why. if so then what makes more sense buying a mac mini so cheap or making hackintosh which is quite expensive. I was wondering if you can make this build all in one. just by trying to install these to software are compatible enuf or not. if it works well then kudos! its worth making Hack Pro or else its just for gaming and basic needs but not professional needs. I have alot of hopes with this build and ur help. Please can you just try these apps weather or not gonna work. i m sure it will be great help for all hackintosh users.
thanks in advance.

I just want to know that on Moarfish's build have anyone tried installing FCP X and SMOKE 2013 with GPU. For obvious reason i must say i have not yet purchased the GPU so if any Moarfish's build have GPU and if possibly someone can try installing these two softwares i would really appreciate to know if its working. I guess its not much like a hardwork to download and install these software, moreover i have endup planning budget but i just wana make sure if any one HAS TRIED USING THIS BUILD FOR SMOKE 2013 AND FCPX. this is my main concern before purchasing GPU and if its not working i would like to know so that i dont end up buying any more hardware.

hi is there anyone who tried SMOKE and FCP on moarfish's build???
any one?????
no one??
please reply.....
adrian and moarfish please reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back