1. Color Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time Mac user (since the OS8 days) and I'd like to try building a budget Hackintosh for home/non-pro things (I use an 11" Air for my work). So I looked up the Buyer's Guide and I think the Mini-ITX build might be for me.

There's one thing that I'd like to have in addition, which is a TV card/EyeTV of some sort. Specifically one that I can use to hook up my Playstation 1. So it should support S-Video (I don't really care much about the TV aspect!) It should support at least PAL, preferably both PAL and NTSC.
I searched the forum and found this topic which suggests there's only EyeTV for Mac, and no TV cards at all. So maybe someone has a suggestion as for which one to get, since they have so many.

Thanks a lot for any help you might offer!

If you want real time feedback from the playstation then you should get the Game Capture HD. The regular EyeTV units output lag by a second or so. If you just want to record without looking at the recorded video then a regular unit would work. Just make sure the EyeTV unit input accepts the output video from the PlayStation. There are quite a few EyeTV units on eBay these days as folks move away from TV.

Sorry for bumping a topic on page 2 but I hadn't said thanks yet! I'll probably get the Game Capture HD. Altho I'm pretty sure it won't support *both* PAL and NTSC component signals (emailed support about that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back