Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490-Creator
CPU
i9-10850k
Graphics
RX 560
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has had an issues with exporting videos in Premiere Pro CC. I built my hack, among other reasons because I needed something more powerful than my laptop for video editing. Everything was working great for weeks, then suddenly a couple weeks ago I started having major issues during my exports. The videos are about 40 minutes long and every time I try to export premiere crashes. During the exports my computer sounds like it's under a ton of stress. I've tried exporting as different formats, I've cleared the cache, reinstalled, switched to software only encoding, etc. Last night I saved the project on an external and then used my laptop to export successfully (but it took forever), so it makes me feel like it might be an issue with the build? Just strange because it seems like it came out of nowhere.

More information is required before anyone can offer any help that might be useful.
  1. Version of macOS you are using.
  2. Bootloader and version you are using.
  3. Version of Premiere CC.
  4. SMBIOS your system uses.
  5. Amount of RAM in the system.
  6. How the Graphics are setup, i.e. disabled IGPU with dGPU undertaking all the graphics processing, or IGPU using a Headless Framebuffer alongside DGPU?
  7. Which drives are you using in the system, SSD, NVME, HDD are they used for OS, scratch disk or data?
  8. Have you removed/deleted any 'Fixes' you have applied since this issue first occurred, assuming they didn't work or help.
  9. What did you reinstall, macOS, Adobe Premiere or both?
I assume you have looked on the Adobe forums for issues with Adobe Premiere CC and the version of macOS you are using.

Hey there,

so here's what i have for all the info:

1. Monterey 12.1
2. OpenCore 1.7.4
3. 22.2
4. iMac 20,2
5. 32gb
6. This one i'm not sure about tbh. I have a radeon rx560 gpu install though.
7. I only have NVME drive (i think, sorry im a total noob)
8. Yes, i reset everything in premiere
9. i reinstalled premiere, everything else on the computer works perfectly.

Yeah I've been on multiple forums. I can't figure out what's going on, but I believe it has something to do with the computer since I was able to export the video from my macbook and the issue seemingly came out of nowhere. Trying to figure out if something happened with my config.plist or perhaps i'm missing some kind of kext? When the issue began i even updated premiere to 22.2 as the forums suggested that I update my version. I appreciate your help here. I will continue down the rabbit hole myself and maybe you have some suggestions that i havent found yet.

Could be that i need to update opencore?

Hey there,

so here's what i have for all the info:

1. Monterey 12.1
2. OpenCore 1.7.4
3. 22.2
4. iMac 20,2
5. 32gb
6. This one i'm not sure about tbh. I have a radeon rx560 gpu install though.
7. I only have NVME drive (i think, sorry im a total noob)
8. Yes, i reset everything in premiere
9. i reinstalled premiere, everything else on the computer works perfectly.

Yeah I've been on multiple forums. I can't figure out what's going on, but I believe it has something to do with the computer since I was able to export the video from my macbook and the issue seemingly came out of nowhere. Trying to figure out if something happened with my config.plist or perhaps i'm missing some kind of kext? When the issue began i even updated premiere to 22.2 as the forums suggested that I update my version. I appreciate your help here. I will continue down the rabbit hole myself and maybe you have some suggestions that i havent found yet.

Could be that i need to update opencore?
@Edhawk sorry i dont think i responded directly to you.

@Bsc87 There is no OpenCore release 1.7.4, not yet.

OpenCore releases started with 0.0.1 to 0.0.4 inclusive, then jumped to release version 0.5.0 and moved on in 0.01 increments each month, to the current version 0.7.8.

Are you using 0.7.4 released October 2021, as that was the first version of OpenCore to properly support Monterey.
There should be some text in the bottom right-hand corner of the OC boot screen that says which version you are using. The other way to tell is the BOOTx64.efi, OpenCore.efi and OpenRuntime.efi files should all have the same date, in your case with release 0.7.4 that date would be 4 October 2021.

Your setup looks OK from the information provided. By that I mean nothing stands out as being wrong. I would like more clarification on your IGPU/dGPU setup, but that can wait.

Possible solution:
Ok I think the issue may be related to your installation of Monterey, not the Premiere Pro installation/software.

What you may need to do is reinstall macOS Monterey from the Recovery partition.

What this would do is reinstall MacOS Monterey over the current installation, while retaining your existing applications and files etc.
  • You would access the Recovery partition from the OC boot screen, by selecting the Recovery icon.
    • The Recovery icon may be hidden by the OpenCore config.plist HideAuxillary setting.
    • To unhide the icon you would need to press the 'Spacebar' while on the OC boot screen.
    • This should show the Recovery icon and a number of other Tools that are enabled in your config.plist.
  • Selecting the Recovery icon would start your system on a similar installation process as you undertook when first installing macOS Monterey.
  • But rather than formatting the NVMe drive using Disk Utility and starting from scratch, you would just select the Reinstall macOS option from the list shown.
  • You would need to select your current APFS partition as the location for the reinstallation, if it is not automatically selected.
  • Then this should be a straightforward reinstallation of macOS, as your OC folder contents and config have already been configured/setup for your Hack.
  • The system should reboot a couple of times as the installation is completed.
  • When the installation completes you should be faced with your normal User login account.
You should have a native MacOS Monterey installation, any changes you may have made to the system files will have been reset.

But most importantly all your Applications, files and folders should be retained.

Obviously this process is not without risks. Human error being the biggest risk! So you would be advised to make sure you have a backup of all your Data before you undertake this reinstallation process.

I can't think of anything else you can do to alleviate this issue. As it was not an issue you were facing previously I can only assume it is due to something introduced (by you?) during the time you have been running your system. Whether the cause was introduced by accident or not is immaterial. Fixing the cause of the issue is what is important and a reinstallation of macOS is probably your best bet.

@Bsc87 There is no OpenCore release 1.7.4, not yet.

OpenCore releases started with 0.0.1 to 0.0.4 inclusive, then jumped to release version 0.5.0 and moved on in 0.01 increments each month, to the current version 0.7.8.

Are you using 0.7.4 released October 2021, as that was the first version of OpenCore to properly support Monterey.
There should be some text in the bottom right-hand corner of the OC boot screen that says which version you are using. The other way to tell is the BOOTx64.efi, OpenCore.efi and OpenRuntime.efi files should all have the same date, in your case with release 0.7.4 that date would be 4 October 2021.

Your setup looks OK from the information provided. By that I mean nothing stands out as being wrong. I would like more clarification on your IGPU/dGPU setup, but that can wait.

Possible solution:
Ok I think the issue may be related to your installation of Monterey, not the Premiere Pro installation/software.

What you may need to do is reinstall macOS Monterey from the Recovery partition.

What this would do is reinstall MacOS Monterey over the current installation, while retaining your existing applications and files etc.
  • You would access the Recovery partition from the OC boot screen, by selecting the Recovery icon.
    • The Recovery icon may be hidden by the OpenCore config.plist HideAuxillary setting.
    • To unhide the icon you would need to press the 'Spacebar' while on the OC boot screen.
    • This should show the Recovery icon and a number of other Tools that are enabled in your config.plist.
  • Selecting the Recovery icon would start your system on a similar installation process as you undertook when first installing macOS Monterey.
  • But rather than formatting the NVMe drive using Disk Utility and starting from scratch, you would just select the Reinstall macOS option from the list shown.
  • You would need to select your current APFS partition as the location for the reinstallation, if it is not automatically selected.
  • Then this should be a straightforward reinstallation of macOS, as your OC folder contents and config have already been configured/setup for your Hack.
  • The system should reboot a couple of times as the installation is completed.
  • When the installation completes you should be faced with your normal User login account.
You should have a native MacOS Monterey installation, any changes you may have made to the system files will have been reset.

But most importantly all your Applications, files and folders should be retained.

Obviously this process is not without risks. Human error being the biggest risk! So you would be advised to make sure you have a backup of all your Data before you undertake this reinstallation process.

I can't think of anything else you can do to alleviate this issue. As it was not an issue you were facing previously I can only assume it is due to something introduced (by you?) during the time you have been running your system. Whether the cause was introduced by accident or not is immaterial. Fixing the cause of the issue is what is important and a reinstallation of macOS is probably your best bet.
Hey Edhawk, so I'm still having issues with the export on my premiere projects. Would posting the crash report help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back