Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just did the lifehacker build.

Never put a computer together before and that went off without a hitch, as did install of OS for the most part using Stells Magic bootloader..

Now I'm up and running but I can't get Adobe CS3 to install.

I get this error message.

"This Software cannot be installed because the system of the OS volume is not supported."

So from what I can gather I need to install a kext... I have kext editor and kext utility I just don't know what kext I need to install..

I haven't installed any yet.

Running 10.6.2

Any idea's?

Thanks

I think you formatted the volume as "mac OS extended(case insensitive, journaled)" on install. I know you provably don't want to here this but I think you are going to have to reinstall the operating system. :? :| If you go to the following page http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-with-snow-leopard-start-to-finish
and scroll down right under the video it says.

"Partition, Mac OS X Journaled (Case-Sensitive Update: Several readers have suggested that case-sensitive formatting can cause problems with some applications, like Adobe's Creative Suite, so you may be better off sticking with plain old Mac OS X Journaled.), give it a name, and make sure GUID Partition Table is set in the Options."

If you back it up with time machine hopefully it won't be a big deal. Good Luck :D

The case-sensitive part is the issue. Originally I had done the same thing and had the same issue. Don't know why, but Adobe hates case-sensitive drives. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back