$991.23

This is my setup:
Motherboard: GA-H55M-UD2H
Graphics: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-870 2.93 GHz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB
CD/DVD Burner: Sony Optiarc Black

Im actually not doing anything out of the ordinary. Once its working i just leave it. Try not to install stuff and never update anything. Like the other day i just turned it on. Used itunes for a bit and then turned it off. The next day i have this problem and its just stuck like this.

Ive been messing with bios stuff but nothing seems to work. The bios settings were working fine before so im not sure if thats the problem or not.

This system should be a mona lisa ! download and install bios ver F11 tweak your bios to work ..then go to this web page and download your DSDT.. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... oards.html put it on a flash drive, download the new i boot and multibeast keep multibeast on the same flash drive. burn iboot on cd.. remove all hard drive except the on you need for os x and do a fresh install.

click this link great information on how to install has videos i used this one its great and very informative. http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-bu ... easy-steps

Re: Admitting defeat

Take a look at the guides and helper references in my signature block. The install guide should help you be successful. The links to the MultiBeast Configurations can also help get you set up for your installation.

tonymacx86 said:
If you're letting it fall asleep- and all of the checkboxes are not ticked in Energy Saver- it could be falling asleep, then when you wake- it reboots- causing the system not to be shut down properly. This can cause issues.

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips
viewtopic.php?p=10194

Also be sure you've updated to the latest BIOS for that board.

This. I encountered this issue when i built the "Granny Smith" build in my sig block. I turned off all sleep functions, and runs like a champ. :)

Hey guys. Thanks for the help again.

Ok so ive installed the most current bios but still the same thing, stuck at the grey apple logo forever.

I have downloaded the latest iboot and DSDT for my mobo but how can i utilize these without being able to boot up!?

I can boot into the SL DVD but when i try to do a fresh install on my drive with SL currently on it I just get a yellow triangle next to my disk and the "cannot start up from this disk" message.

So my 3 options when i boot are....
Iboot = KP
Boot into SL install = Hangs on grey screen forever
Boot into SL DVD = no way to reinstall

buddha said:
Hey guys. Thanks for the help again.

Ok so ive installed the most current bios but still the same thing, stuck at the grey apple logo forever.

I have downloaded the latest iboot and DSDT for my mobo but how can i utilize these without being able to boot up!?

I can boot into the SL DVD but when i try to do a fresh install on my drive with SL currently on it I just get a yellow triangle next to my disk and the "cannot start up from this disk" message.

So my 3 options when i boot are....
Iboot = KP
Boot into SL install = Hangs on grey screen forever
Boot into SL DVD = no way to reinstall

When you boot the SL DVD, you can enter Disk Utility and erase your previous attempt. Make sure you've read the entire iBoot + MultiBeast guide.

also if i try and boot without the iboot CD it just sits on "Loading Operating System" forever

ok.... with the iboot cd in dvd drive...boot up your computer ..
then press f5 and remove the iboot cd and put in the snow leopard cd in the tray and load the dvd..
use disk utilities to completely clean your drive format it then do a complete fresh install..use this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

this guide here will get you there as well http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-bu ... easy-steps

if you have a laptop or another computer near the one your working on use it to play the step by step videos when working with this computer..i found this help me as-well... all you need is in the guides ....

Right.

So ive gone out and bought a fresh HD and have tried this again. Installed everything exactly as the guide states and now I have a couple of brand new problems.

Keyboard and mouse dont work sometimes. I have managed to get them working for the time being but the mouse is incredibly glitchy and flys off in different directions.

My 2nd monitor will only mirror the main monitor and wont work in extended monitor mode as it did before. When i go into the monitor control panel it only gives me 1 resolution to chose from so something is definitely not right there.

Am i missing some kexts somewhere? ive tried a few guides ive found on the forum but I dont want to go installing all sorts of kexts without knowing what im doing.

Thank you guys for your help so far. I would have given up last week if it wasnt for this forum.

buddha said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys

Core i7-870 / Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H / Radeon HD 5770 / 4GB DDR3 RAM
$991.23

This is my setup:
Motherboard: GA-H55M-UD2H
Graphics: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-870 2.93 GHz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB Dual Channel DDR3
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB
CD/DVD Burner: Sony Optiarc Black

OK what Bios rev is your board and version?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/produc ... id=3503#ov

thanks for the amazingly fast reply!

its rev. 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back