Contribute
Register

Adding/Using HiDPI custom resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the lucky one :)

You may need the 00000001. And you have entered DisplayProductName incorrectly.

I do not have RDM installed.

Fixed the key, and already had the 00000001. It seems that the 00200000 after it was the issue, as trash80 mentioned in post #76. Added it and now I've got HiDPI 1600x900 and 1680x945 but only with RDM. Display Settings won't even show the HiDPI resolutions. Whatever, now I'm happy with my setup. :)

All it's missing is longer battery life (I know I won't get 10h+, but it would be nice to get 5h or 6h, like on Linux) and a fix for the screen freeze issue.

Fixed the key, and already had the 00000001. It seems that the 00200000 after it was the issue, as trash80 mentioned in post #76. Added it and now I've got HiDPI 1600x900 and 1680x945 but only with RDM. Display Settings won't even show the HiDPI resolutions. Whatever, now I'm happy with my setup. :)

You need to hold down Option when clicking Scaled to see certain resolutions.

All it's missing is longer battery life (I know I won't get 10h+, but it would be nice to get 5h or 6h, like on Linux) and a fix for the screen freeze issue.

Sounds like you need to implement power management.

Not sure what you mean by "screen freeze issue".

But both are topics for a separate thread as they are off-topic here.

OMG! This finaly works also for me!! Thank you a milion times for resolving this. I have same situation as you. I also can't see custom resolution in SysPrefs/Monitors but in RDM I can.

Very interresting is, that before I added 00200000 at the end of each line I can see those resolution in SysPrefs/Monitor without HiDPI, now I can't see it at all, but in RDM I can and choose it and it works.

So now would be nic to make it normaly accessible from SysPrefs :).

OMG! This finaly works also for me!! Thank you a milion times for resolving this. I have same situation as you. I also can't see custom resolution in SysPrefs/Monitors but in RDM I can.

Very interresting is, that before I added 00200000 at the end of each line I can see those resolution in SysPrefs/Monitor without HiDPI, now I can't see it at all, but in RDM I can and choose it and it works.

So now would be nic to make it normaly accessible from SysPrefs :).

I wonder if the extra 00200000 required has to do with SMBIOS choice.

My HD4400 u430 uses MacBookAir6,2.

May be :).
BTW. do you have an idea how to get those custom resolution to shows up in Prefs/Displays? Even OPTION key doesn't work.

May be :).
BTW. do you have an idea how to get those custom resolution to shows up in Prefs/Displays? Even OPTION key doesn't work.

They show up in mine. Some without Option. All with Option.

BTW. I did little research about optimal resolutions on laptops compared to my MBP 13 retina. I get all dimensions of screens and made some calculation. Result is this:

15,6" ProBook .. 1536 x 864
14" Elitebook .. 1408 x 792

This resolution suits best to my external display (HP LP2475w) and make switching between MBP and other laptops easy for eyes (expect retina clearness :)).

Not only SwitchResX, but also the .plist method won't make my Laptop recognise the resolutions 1600x900 and 1344x756.

(File isn't .plist anymore after copying it to Displays/Overrides.)

Do you have an idea how to fix that?

Attachments

• IOREG.jpg
    IOREG.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 130
  • ProdcutID Plist.jpg
    ProdcutID Plist.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back