Nvidia
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi - I am currently running with the HD3000 graphics, but want to add a new graphics card and I am thinking of this one from Newegg

GIGABYTE GV-N430OC-1GL GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Do you see any issues with getting this up and running?

Thanks

David

davids8477 said:
Hi - I am currently running with the HD3000 graphics, but want to add a new graphics card and I am thinking of this one from Newegg

GIGABYTE GV-N430OC-1GL GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Thanks

David
Just one question... why? Isn't the HD3000 enought? Whereof do you want to use?

Mate94 said:
davids8477 said:

Thanks

David

Actually the HD3000 is enough for my purposes - I use the machine as a media server - headless.

However I am planning a build for my daughter and her kids and I am sure that they will want to use it for some light gaming (either in OSX or WIN) and I am sure that they will need a better graphics system.

Also I am using the current system to learn - for instance I got the HDMI sound working - even though I don't need it as a server.

Thanks

David

davids8477 said:
Mate94 said:
davids8477 said:

Thanks

David

Actually the HD3000 is enough for my purposes - I use the machine as a media server - headless.

However I am planning a build for my daughter and her kids and I am sure that they will want to use it for some light gaming (either in OSX or WIN) and I am sure that they will need a better graphics system.

Also I am using the current system to learn - for instance I got the HDMI sound working - even though I don't need it as a server.

Thanks

David

The GT430 I think it isn't powerful enought. Maybe a second hand HD5770 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back