Contribute
Register

adding network after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the system boots with the revised EFI. I also deleted the kext you indicated. What is different about this EFI compared to the original? The .zip you posted had the same name as the one I posted, so I checked the size of the EFI folders to make sure they were actually different.

I am not really sure how to test if it is more stable because I am not sure what triggered the restarts before. I have wondered if I need to configure a DSDT, update clover, or any of the other refinements I haven't got to yet.

My main issue is that I am going to install Logic X tomorrow and I need to make a decision about the system definition. I am assuming that it will cause issues if I install Logic using the 19,2 definition and serial number and then change it back to 18,3 or something else later. I can't imagine that Logic will still work in that scenario.

Is there anything I can do to try to determine if things are more stable now? This is primarily going to be used for audio recording and editing. It would not be at all amusing if the system were to restart in the middle of recording.

LMHmedchem

Got rid of your SSDT for CPU and used PluginType=true instead.

Cleaned up the graphics section of your config.plist.

Just use your computer with ethernet and see if things improve and see if you still get crashes.

There's nothing wrong with using iMac18,3. I think it may help you.

Got rid of your SSDT for CPU and used PluginType=true instead.

Cleaned up the graphics section of your config.plist.
Thanks for the modifications, I have no idea how to do that kind of thing.

Just use your computer with ethernet and see if things improve and see if you still get crashes.

There's nothing wrong with using iMac18,3. I think it may help you.
Alright, I will see if it crashes again. Do you think it is worth it to configure an DSDT, or to go and get all of the latest versions of the kext files in /L/E, update Clover, etc? With an older OS, sometimes you get to a point where updates do more harm than good.

If it crashes again, I will go back to 18,3.

LMHmedchem

Thanks for the modifications, I have no idea how to do that kind of thing.

Alright, I will see if it crashes again. Do you think it is worth it to configure an DSDT, or to go and get all of the latest versions of the kext files in /L/E, update Clover, etc? With an older OS, sometimes you get to a point where updates do more harm than good.

If it crashes again, I will go back to 18,3.

LMHmedchem

Yes, I think all your kexts should be updated to the latest versions.

I selected the red highlighted kext files in Hackintool and then clicked on the download button. The only files that were downloaded to the desktop folder were Lilu and WhateverGreen. I installed these with KextBeast. I also downloaded an updated version of clover using Hackintool (v2,4), but I not sure if I should install it or how. I assume this is installed to the EFI partition? Would I just mount EFI and then select the EFI partition as the installation destination?

Is there some reason to not use the kext and clover update utilities in clover configurator?

No restarts so far but I still think I will revert to the 18,3 system definition.

LMHmedchem

Last edited:
I selected the red highlighted kext files in Hackintool and then clicked on the download button. The only files that were downloaded to the desktop folder were Lilu and WhateverGreen. I installed these with KextBeast. I also downloaded an updated version of clover using Hackintool (v2,4), but I not sure if I should install it or how. I assume this is installed to the EFI partition? Would I just mount EFI and then select the EFI partition as the installation destination?

Is there some reason to not use the kext and clover update utilities in clover configurator?

No restarts so far but I still think I will revert to the 18,3 system definition.

LMHmedchem

LMHmedchem

Clover is an installer. You need to run it and make sure that you select the correct drive to install it on.

Clover is an installer. You need to run it and make sure that you select the correct drive to install it on.
I mounted the EFI partition on my system volume, started the 2,4 clover installer I downloaded through Hackintool and selected my system volume as the installation target. Everything seemed to go fine with the update, it restarts, etc. I have taken another image.

Even though I have used it on the net for a while here and not had any more restarts, I am still inclined to roll back to 18,3. What are your thoughts on this?

LMHmedchem

I mounted the EFI partition on my system volume, started the 2,4 clover installer I downloaded through Hackintool and selected my system volume as the installation target. Everything seemed to go fine with the update, it restarts, etc. I have taken another image.

Even though I have used it on the net for a while here and not had any more restarts, I am still inclined to roll back to 18,3. What are your thoughts on this?

LMHmedchem

iMac18,3 is well test by many and has proven to be solid. You should not have any problems using it.

iMac18,3 is well test by many and has proven to be solid. You should not have any problems using it.
Alright, I have reverted to 18,3 after the clover update. It took a few tries to find a serial number that isn't already being used but I think the SMBios is set up now. I had to re-register on application that was installed but that was relatively painless. I have a new image of the latest changes. I think I am ready to install Logic tomorrow.

After the clover update to 2.4 r4972, the clover boot screen is gray instead of black. Is this right? Everything seems to work, but there were some other times when something wasn't working and I had a Clover boot screen that wasn't the black background one I started with.

LMHmedchem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back