Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 WindForce
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I need to add a Network kext from MultiBeast that I didn't install initially.

• Do I just download the newest Multibeast, leave my other sata drives connected and make the change.

or

Do I go back to the original MultiBeast version that I used, connect my iboot Mountain Lion usb and unplugged my other sata drives to make the change.

Sorry, I tried to search for an answer but couldn't find anything for when you have to make a change.

I need to add a Network kext from MultiBeast that I didn't install initially.

• Do I just download the newest Multibeast, leave my other sata drives connected and make the change.

or

Do I go back to the original MultiBeast version that I used, connect my iboot Mountain Lion usb and unplugged my other sata drives to make the change.

Sorry, I tried to search for an answer but couldn't find anything for when you have to make a change.

For just installing a kext, there is no need to do anything but run the current Multibeast to obtain the driver you wish to install.

Thanks, I figured this is what I needed to do but I wasn't sure because newer versions of MultiBeast overwrite older kexts and I didn't what to mess anything up.

If you're only installing new kexts using Multibeast (eg. selecting only a network kext), none of the other stuff will be updated...

Oh, thanks for that tip, I thought I had to click on everything I needed again.

Is it good practice to apply updates of kext files that I use for my setup if they have been updated in newer MultiBeast releases.

Oh, thanks for that tip, I thought I had to click on everything I needed again.

If you did that, then all that would be updated to whatever version is in Multibeast. In general, you don't need to select things you already installed.

Is it good practice to apply updates of kext files that I use for my setup if they have been updated in newer MultiBeast releases.

Only if you want to, or you believe they might fix an issue. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back