ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I finally got my hands on a Sapphire RX 5500 XT and when I boot the hack I get to the OC boot menu and can launch macOS Monterey however it only starts booting (I can see the Apple logo and the loading bar going to 20-25%) before the screen goes dark in sleep mode and system hangs. My monitor is connected through DisplayPort and Widows boots without a problem.

So far and according to Dortania's guide for Comet Lake, I have switched the AAPL,ig-platform-id from iGPU driving the display (07009B3E) to headless (0300C89B), removed "framebuffer-patch-enable" and "framebuffer-stolenmem", added boot argument agdpmod=pikera values from the config plist.

In BIOS I changed Primary Graphics Adapter from onboard to the PCI slot where the graphic card is plugged in and left IGPU multi-Monitor enabled so that integrated graphics remains enabled at all times (should I disable this?).

I'm a bit lost as to what to do next.

Are there kexts or SSDTs I should add or other modifications to the config.plist needed?

I have attached my EFI folder (OC 0.7.4) and would really appreciate help on this

Thanks a lot!:)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
Did you use the ClearNvram or ResetNvram tools from the OC boot screen, after making the config.plist changes?

Have tried the other Headless Frambuffer‘s that can be used with a CML desktop system:

0x9BC50003 > 0300C59B
0x9BC40003 > 0300C49B

Have I configured my plist correctly for the RX 5500 XT and should it work as it is?
If additional tweaks are needed, is mattysonnie's AMD Radeon Performance Enhanced SSDT thread still relevant with an iMac 20,2 system definition? I see that there is an SSDT for my graphic card. Also should I use the dAGPM kext from the same thread or generate one using Pavo-IM's AGPMInjector app from GitHub to generate one?

For the moment, I have reverted to iGPU only plist and completely removed the graphic card :(
Thanks!

It worked with 0300C59B :mrgreen:
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 17.30.04.png

Thanks a milion Edhawk!!! With your help over the past month I now have a fully working hack :)
I thought that Apple TV app would work once I added the card but it's not the case... oh well, some more research to do

Cheers and happy new year!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back