ASUS Z87 PLUS
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
GT 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi
I follower the "clover guide" to install yosemite on a pc. i managed to install it, get rid of all the problems, and it's ok now.
after that, i installed windows 8.1 on the SAME HDD, second partition.

but now i have a problem. when the pc boots, clover menu appears and if i choose "Boot Yosemite from MacHDD" everything goes well. i can log in, ue mac etc. BUT if i want to choose windows, the boot option that appears is "Boot Winjdows from ". i think there should be the windows boot path.

if i choose from boot menu to boot from hdd [no clover loader], windows starts

what should i do?

Hi
I follower the "clover guide" to install yosemite on a pc. i managed to install it, get rid of all the problems, and it's ok now.
after that, i installed windows 8.1 on the SAME HDD, second partition.

but now i have a problem. when the pc boots, clover menu appears and if i choose "Boot Yosemite from MacHDD" everything goes well. i can log in, ue mac etc. BUT if i want to choose windows, the boot option that appears is "Boot Winjdows from ". i think there should be the windows boot path.

if i choose from boot menu to boot from hdd [no clover loader], windows starts

what should i do?
Did you install Yosemite Legacy mode or UEFI mode?
Did you install Windows Legacy mode or UEFI mode?

yosemite - uefi
windows - from original dvd

yosemite - uefi
windows - from original dvd

boot Windows. open the disk management tool as if you were going to add a partition.
select the windows drive in the top pane - how many of what type of partitions show there?

do the same in OS X - open terminal & type

diskutil list

and hit enter - post pic of result

Next question - did you boot OS X with the Clover USB, mount the HDD/SSD EFI partition and make the Windows partition bootable?
You do this by opening the EFI file in finder, browse to EFI/Clover and copy cloverx64.efi to EFI/Microsoft/Boot
Then, in EFI/Microsoft/Boot, you rename the bootmgrfw.efi to bootmgrfw-orig.efi and rename cloverx64.efi to bootmgrfw.efi.

Reboot without the USB and you should be able to boot Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back