Graphics
ATi
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How do I add the server package to the installer partition as I've paid for lion and server but want one installer partition with all the customization packages.

based on this
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4766

as long as the server.app is in the same folder as install lion.app I should have server as a package under customize during install.

I want to use an xmove like script
#!/bin/bash
# script for xMove
# Copyright (C) tonymacx86 LLC

hdiutil attach /Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ Data/InstallESD.dmg

hdiutil attach /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

killall Finder

cp -R -p /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/ "${3}/"

rm -R "${3}/System/Installation/Packages"

cp -R -p /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages "${3}/System/Installation/Packages"

cp -R -p /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/mach_kernel "${3}/"

hdiutil detach /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/

hdiutil detach /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/

exit

can anyone suggest modifications to this script to add the server package as well as other packages i may be missing??

Thanks to sevoneone for this code

sudo cp -r /Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ Data/ServerEssentials.pkg /Volumes/Installer/System/Installation/Packages

which copies the serveressentials.pkg however since I cannot download server without first having lion installed i can't seem to find serveressentials.pkg

Any help in identifying where I can find this file would be most appreciated.

Regards
[email protected]

I was able to upgrade to Snow Leopard Server by copying Server Essentials.pkg into the /Volumes/Installer/System/Installation/Packages/ folder.

Prior to this it faltered and asked that I had server installed but not the correct installer and by by placing that pkg into that folder it allowed me to proceed with my SLS upgrade to LS.

Thanks!

Apologies if my questions are too n00b or indiscrete. Is the whole point here that the Lion installers requirement of a Server.app can be bypassed by rearranging the DVD contents and appropriately positioning the server.pkg? Is the result that you get Lion Server "in one go", with no questions and other visible breaks?

Finally, how can you get such a direct link to the pkg, and how come DRM obsessed Apple has not made the links IP-tied, expiring etc?

Thanks!

Thanks eradicator for the link. I'm wondering if I can dig up the file myself when server.app is the for the first time and downloads it, but I don't know where to look. Any ideas?

Also I pasted the file (from your link) into the directory mentioned (/Volumes/Installer/System/Installation/Packages) and also ran "cd /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/CoreServices" and then "sudo touch ServerVersion.plist" so that i could use the usb stick to install into a vmware image. I

have not tried installing as yet and don't know if the server pkg will be available during install as a customizable feature so if anyone knows any modifications to xmove that will allow the installer to make additional pkg available would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back