Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
Ok so… let me start from this that recently I found out that it is possible to install MacOS on PC computer. Now I’ve been trying to understand what do I need to do. I’ve got the image of MacOS 10.6.3 and I want to add/modify some kexts in “HFS+ Partition/System/Library/Extensions†– image path. To open and modify any files or folders I’m using “Magic ISO†software. So basically I know that I need to use Ati kext for my 5870 if I want to install MacOS. The kext for my graphic card I found here http://netkas.org/?p=465 . From here I can download aty_init and drivers. And now I have couple questions:

1. Do I need to copy aty_init kext to HFS+ Partition/System/Library/Extensions with the same name?
2. Do I need to add my device ID to the kext. I found the the device ID but where do I enter it in the info.plist?
3. Do I need to know about something else if I want to add kext to my ISO. ?

Thanks everyone that would like to help me

lucas_kiwi said:
Hi all,
Ok so… let me start from this that recently I found out that it is possible to install MacOS on PC computer. Now I’ve been trying to understand what do I need to do. I’ve got the image of MacOS 10.6.3 and I want to add/modify some kexts in “HFS+ Partition/System/Library/Extensions†– image path. To open and modify any files or folders I’m using “Magic ISO†software. So basically I know that I need to use Ati kext for my 5870 if I want to install MacOS. The kext for my graphic card I found here http://netkas.org/?p=465 . From here I can download aty_init and drivers. And now I have couple questions:

1. Do I need to copy aty_init kext to HFS+ Partition/System/Library/Extensions with the same name?
2. Do I need to add my device ID to the kext. I found the the device ID but where do I enter it in the info.plist?
3. Do I need to know about something else if I want to add kext to my ISO. ?

Thanks everyone that would like to help me
How did you create the SL image?

Why do you want to add graphics drivers to the installation disk? The iBoot in this thread viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3651 can be used to install OS X.

Then you can use MultiBeast to add ATI 5xxx support to you installation.

Thank you so so much for your replay MacMan!!. So answearing to your question:

How did you create the SL image?

Well, i don't really understand what do you mean by SL image but i thought i can use for example Nero to create the image of Mac OS 10.6.3 and then add graphics driver. Obviously a lot of people taking about adding aty_init kexts but nobody know how to explain for the NOOB as me that i should download iBoot and than use MultiBeast.

Thats why i'm so glad thas someone like you unanswered for my questions.

I have got couple more questions, not very difficult for you ;)

I've got motherboard Asus Maximus III Formula and as far i know 10.6.3 Hardware Compatibility List support my motherboard. I found this topic on this web: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.3 and in the box where all information appear form my motherboard i can read: "Shutdown .......... (With DSDT)"

Question:

1. What does it mean with DSDT??? Does it mean that when i install Mac OS successfully than i need to modifies my DSDT / patch DSDT???

2. I've got 2 hard drive both SATA. The first i use for Windows 7 32 bit and the second i'm going to use for Mac OS. Do i need to unplug the HD with Windows during the Mac OS installation or do i need to change something in my bios settings?

Thank YOU!!!

2: You dont need to I think, but be shure you format the emty hdd and not the W7 one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back