Contribute
Register

Adapter to fit NGFF WiFi (DW1830) on PCI-E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI B250i Pro
CPU
Intel i5-7600k
Graphics
RX 570 4GB
Hi guys -- I'm switching motherboards to a ASUS z270m Pro4, which has no dedicated m.2 wifi spots a DW1830 Broadcom chip that worked faboulously in a previous motherboard. The new board has some m.2 slots but they for some reason won't accept the DW1830 chip.

So I'm looking and struggling to find an adapter that would allow me to connect the DW1830 to one of the PCI-e slots. Is there a such thing. I've found some m.2/pci-e adapters but they appear to only fit some NVME ssds. Looks like m.2 KeyA+E is what I need.

Is there a such thing out there?

Ebay is your best bet. Search for M.2 A+E adapter. I've never used one but it looks to be possible. Research the seller and the part before buying.

Ebay is your best bet. Search for M.2 A+E adapter. I've never used one but it looks to be possible. Research the seller and the part before buying.

Thanks. That's a good idea. Found several, but all of them unfortunately are from China, meaning they won't arrive for weeks. In the meantime, I bought this from Fenvi. Does it look like something that would work -- anyone have any experience with the Fenvi FV-102?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFGYAX6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If it's keyed A+E and you put a macOS compatible card in it then it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back