Contribute
Register

Activate Yosemite's Continuity Features with USB Bluetooth 4.0 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
THERE we go! Again, a little wonky, isn't always there and seems to come and go. I would guess its because the bluetooth and wifi are separate instead of being on one board like the Apple chips? But hey, its working.

Attachments

• IMG_8779.jpg
    IMG_8779.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 12.08.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 12.08.54 PM.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 12.10.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 12.10.47 PM.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 258
rcolem87,

There might be issues uploading the firmware into your bluetooth device.

What are you using to do that?
Additionally what is your bluetooth device vendor and device id?

Maybe you can help elaborate on what you mean. Currently I have the Gigabyte z97n-Wifi mobo. It is suppose to have BT and wifi built in but I can't seem to get the BT to be consistent. Once in a long while it'll show up on my sys pref and I can sync my mouse but I cannot disable it at all. It's "permanently" on. But most of the time when I boot up, the option is completely gone and says no device available.

Also interestingly, when I boot into Win8.1 It shows I have BT but says device error. So I would update the firmware if I could, but I'm not exactly sure where to begin, if that is the solution.

OK! I updated my GMYLE firmware version with BrcmPatchRAM.kext to v14 c4096 to v14 c5555. But still doesn't detect my GMYLE? Should I need a Broadcom Wi-Fi? or can I activate Continuity just with Bluetooth Dongle?

'Cause I have TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 (as you know this Atheros) But guide says on the Github;

"Atheros Wi-Fi AirPort cards will prevent Continuity from working even when adding a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle."

Why still auto detect doesn't work I don't get it?

rcolem87,

Check the BrcmPatchRAM thread in this forum.

Did anyone ever try the Asus PCE-AC66 or Asus PCE-AC68 with OS X?
Also the Unex DAXB-81 looks interesting.

All these devices have a device ID of 14e4:43a0, making them identical to the Broadcom BCM94360CD.

If they are fully compatible they would be great alternatives compared to building a custom airport card with adapter.

Did anyone ever try the Asus PCE-AC66 or Asus PCE-AC68 with OS X?
Also the Unex DAXB-81 looks interesting.

That's my build. Just had to force the tool to install the patch for the bluetooth, because for some reason it refuses to recognize the hardware, but it sees the firmware and bluetooth version. But yes, all up and running with the Asus PCE-AC68 & IOmega BT 4.0 USB adapter.

Has anyone gotten the Continuity Activation Tool to work for the IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 adaptor? Personally, I can't even get the Bluetooth alone to work properly. And the Activation Tool will not detect my BT device as an adaptor for bluetooth, even though it is Broadcom based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back