Contribute
Register

Activate Yosemite's Continuity Features with USB Bluetooth 4.0 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gigabyte Z97n-Wifi mobo. Is it more recommended I get the internal cards, or would this new CAT method be adequate for all Continuity/Handoff features?

TP-Link is Atheros based and it clearly states that having an Atheros wifi card in the system will break continuity no matter what.

g\

On GitHub page say;

"Atheros Wi-Fi AirPort cards will prevent Continuity from working even when adding a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle."

But our GMYLE doesn't detect yet?

Anyone try to Continuity Activation Tool with own GMYLE?

Working Broadcom WiFi, Broadcom BT 4.0 LTE only.
If WiFi and/or BT is not working before CAT, it will not work after.
Z97N-Wifi and NUC are not Broadcom.
Handoff/GMYLE confirmed working in 10.10 and 10.10.1.

Sometimes I get bluetooth to show up, sometimes it stays hidden. I haven't found a solution. Why would that be if its not Broadcom?

And If I remove the card component completely and then use dongle would that work?

Working Broadcom WiFi, Broadcom BT 4.0 LTE only.
If WiFi and/or BT is not working before CAT, it will not work after.
Z97N-Wifi and NUC are not Broadcom.
Handoff/GMYLE confirmed working in 10.10 and 10.10.1.
Why doesn't detect our GYMLE?

Maybe is that problem my GYMLE Chipset: 20702A3?

cause I tried many USB port on my case but never detect my GYMLE?

My Magic Mouse and Bluetooth 4.0 headphones working well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 19.17.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 19.17.00.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 396
telepati,

Your bluetooth version is v4096, this means that your GMYLE bluetooth version has not been updated.
You will need to run BrcmPatchRAM in order to get a newer firmware version to support hand-off.

Note that I just replied to you in the BrcmPatchRAM thread with a new versions supporting your device.

rcolem87,

There might be issues uploading the firmware into your bluetooth device.

What are you using to do that?
Additionally what is your bluetooth device vendor and device id?

Got it to work on mine! A little wonky though, Instant hotspot doesn't show up, and I'm only getting Handoff to show up from the Hackintosh to the iPhone, not iPhone to Hackintosh. I had to mess with the code in the tool to force it to apply the bluetooth patch, since it wasn't recognizing my hardware. And updating the firmware past v4096 just broke bluetooth and didn't allow my Magic Trackpad to connect. Here's what I did to enable it:

Show package contents of "Continuity Activation Tool">Contents>Resources>contitool.sh, then change echo "0" to echo "1" in the places highlighted in the attachment. Then save the file, and run the tool.

IDK if the some of the changes were redundant, the only coding I know is some basic HTML. But it worked!

Attachments

• sh edit.jpg
    sh edit.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 498
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back