HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Install snow leopard but hang at
ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
error what is this error my motherbnrd
asus p5kpl am ps and i have g33
onbord plz halp

Is that video card supported? Did you check the WIKI?

i am getting the same error, no matter what version iam trying to install, snow leopard, lion all show the same problem, I guess from all the posts around it is because of the onboard video card, my config is

mobo: Intel DG33FB
Processor: Q6600
Video: onboard ( probably 3100)

I have ordered a new graphics card, ATI/ Radeon 6450 1gb ddr3

will post back my results... cheers!!

Today the ATI/Radeon 6450 graphics card arrived, however the same error continues, i noticed another issue, while booting in -v, it says dsdt.aml not found, now iam stuck .. what could be done.. any help is appreciated thanks again
here is a screen shot of the error i am facing while booting from the lion install 10.7.2 ( by the way the install was successful)

Intel Quad core2duo Q6600
Intel original DG33FB motherboard
Sapphire ATI/Radeon 6450 1 gb ddr3
Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm 500gb drive (SATA)

Attachments

• 09012012148.jpg
    09012012148.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,105
There is a newer bios for the dg33. Have you done step 1. Update to latest bios?

yes I installed the latest BIOS which is DP0572P
no luck still ..

It so turned out that the memory controller on my intel DG33FB was defective, hence junked that mobo and got myself an ASUS P5G41T-M LX, installed Lion 10.7.2 just plain vanila kernel and chameleon boot loader selected during install. video on ati/radeon hd6450 1 gb ddr3 was auto detected ( minor issues with acceleration i guess but still working great with qe/ci) had to install kexts for atheros AR8131 ethernet to make the lan work.

finally a very happy mac user !!

anyone with the same config please feel free to pm me for any help on this.

cheers
:)

ACPI:System State [S0 S3 S4
S5] (S3) problem solve thank's man for your halp

i have a p5g41t-m lx2/br and the error continues to appear here. dunno what to do now. it's a new mobo. everything is fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back