Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello
so i have been trying to install lion on my vaio for few days now!! it took me long time to manage to upgrade from 10.6.2 to 10.6.8 to get the app-store.
now that i have followed the guide and made an installation partition and it booted just fine and i did a clean install on a separate partition and i didn't get any error!!
but after a reboot when i try to boot into lion i get a kernel panic
"unable to find driver for this platform /ACPI/..........."
i have already tried platform=acpi but nothing, if i boot using iboot it goes to boot loop.
i would really be thankfull if someone could help me with this, any hint,advise,
tips,direction, anything.

Re: ACPI KP after installation (10.7)

Same problem here, but when trying to boot the InstallESD.dmg image

Well i might have made a progress??maybe not!!!
when i wanted to boot into installation i got [pci configuration began]
so i went back to sl and replaced IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform kexts
on my installation partitions to 10.6.7 ones, because that solved my problem
when i was upgrading to 10.6.8 and getting [pci configuration began] ,
so i managed to install the lion fine but like i said in the op i got a kp when
trying to boot into it, so i realised i am getting the kp because of those 2 kexts.
so i went back to sl and changed them to original lion kexts and repaired the permissions
when i tried to boot into lion ,instead of kp i was stuck at[pci configuration began] again
so i went back tp sl again and installed multibeast to my lion partition ,now
when i try to boot lion it stops at[pci configuration began] for like 10 seconds and then i get black screen but the hard drive is still working for a while after that and if i press lots of keys together i can see the hdd working so i am thinking the system boots but for some season the lcd goes off??? i dont have any external monitor around to see if i can get picture using ports or not. so please please please can anyone help me with this??

help please??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back