Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My system was booting up in ~25 seconds (apple spinning) on a Samsung 840 evo and I looked into if I could make it quicker and someone mentioned swapping the AppleACPIPlatform.kext to an older version. I replaced it with KextBeast but upon rebooting I get an instant kernel panic that doesn't allow me to boot in -x or -f.

I unplugged the SSD and hooked up to my macbook air and replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the stock one (v 2.0) with Champlist but still get the same error. I also re-ran Multibeast from my Macbook Air but still get the same error.

I'm running a z87n-Wifi, 4770k, gtx 770

here is a screenshot from when I boot into Verbose mode

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 98
Boot from your Unibeast USB, then select and boot into your OSX disk (i would also boot with -x). Rerun Multibeast. The method you used of plugging your SSD into your Macbook Air and running Multibeast from it may have pooched your install but maybe not.

I'm able to boot if I use flags -x ncpi=0x2000

i reran multi beast with the correct settings but I'm still getting the same kernel panic If I reboot without the flags in place.

I keep getting these errors so I know it has to do with this kext.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.22.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.22.48 AM.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.23.27 AM.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    578.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.23.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 10.23.16 AM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 63
Is your z87n-W a Gigabyte motherboard? If it is, you don't have to mess with all those kexts and those boot flags aren't going to be necessary.

Is your z87n-W a Gigabyte motherboard? If it is, you don't have to mess with all those kexts and those boot flags aren't going to be necessary.

yes that's the mobo. with my current situation i can only boot with those flags or i get a Kernel Panic

Those errors are no problem. They happen when the O/S is rebuilding the kext cache after you change a kext because the modified kexts aren't signed. I've learned the hard way that you have to be careful if there is a discrepancy between the kext cache and your actual setup. It can cause a kernel panic even if the actual system is set up properly. Try doing what you did before but with one change.

1. mount the drive on another system
2. delete the current kext and replace it with the stock one. You know for a fact that this setup works even with a slow boot.
3. go to /System/Library/Caches/ and delete the com.apple.kext.caches folder.
4. unmount the disk and put it back in the system and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back